3. Carnival Elation
I was disappointed on my Carnival Elation cruise taken last week (10/11). I've only been on 5 other cruises, some with Carnival, and did not appreciate having a buffet employee dole out my bacon alotment each morning (2 slices)- the only breakfast item they monitored, by the way. A polite young lady would be standing behind the bacon "pile" and dole out literally 2 pieces of bacon. Of course you could ask for more, but who wants to be glared at and hold up the buffet line? Also, in the desert line, the same? young lady almost had a heart attack when I attempted to cut my own piece of cake. I cut!! I cut!! well geeze.....but my biggest complaint comes from the shore excursion desk.My friends and I purchased the shore excursion "The Amazing Cozumel Race" before we embarked on our cruise. As this was my 3rd trip to Cozumel (my friend calls it the "atlanta terminal" of the Caribbean), we were very much looking forward to this excursion, the only one we planned for Cozumel. Once we arrived and got dressed for this excursion, we "raced" down the pier to meet up with our fellow racing participants. We waited. and waited. and waited. We asked other excursion employees if we were in the right place, etc. Finally, after an hour, my friend walked back to the ship & was told that the excursion was cancelled due to nonparticipation. They had sent a note to us the night before... Once back on the ship, we did find the notice--in a pile of papers on the vanity. We never saw it. A complaint was made; the least they could do was have someone meet us at the end of the pier where they were expected to let us know PERSONALLY that it had been cancelled. We were also disappointed to not have ANY craft classes on the sea days. We are crafters and on past cruises I have enjoyed learning new crafts and having the souveniers I made. It's a great way to pass time on sea days & all the classes I had previously attended on the other cruises were filled, so there is an audience for this type of entertainment. This was the last month of cruising out of Mobile, Al for Carnival & by the end of the 5 day cruise we certainly noticed a decline in the service. Not quite so helpful, not quite so willing to go the extra mile. However, we really enoyed and appreciated our cabin steward, Made. He was always helpful, polite, cheerful, and professional. It was all in all a good cruise, but there certainly were some disapointments to be found.

Disappointed on a fun ship

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by chubear

Rates
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A m234
My first experience in an inside cabin - the beds were surprisingly comfortable and the room was spacious. No view of course, but it appears to have a (draped) window which added to the spaciousness.The closet was ample, as was the bathroom.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Cozumel
    After great expectations, the excursion was cancelled without us knowing it. We waited at the appointed place for an hour without anyone contacting us to let us know it had been cancelled due to non participation. Carnival says it sent a message the night before, but we never saw it & did not know it was cancelled. Carnival put a credit on our account, but we didn't have time to reschedule any other excursion in Cozumel. No one met us at the pier. This was very, very disappointing.
    Our other port was in Calica, Mexico & I attended the excursion Tulum Mayan ruins and Beach break. I had a great time. Very passionate guide explaining his culture and history & the ruins were fantastic. I enjoyed this excursion tremendously and found it well worth the money.
    View All 1,055 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews