3. Carnival Elation
Pre-embarkation was a bit rough, Plain signs in Mobile - tips not required, although we do tip I was a bit taken back by the porter that looked at the money I gave him and the number of bags like it wasn't enough. Food was nothing to write home about and the next nights menus seemed to have leftovers cooked in a different manner. Food was not hot nor tasty or exciting. I had read on cruise critic prior to going on this boat that the food was not that good. I thought maybe it was just a bad cruise......not so, it was the same for our cruise. Wait staff - our main water was very attentive, the assistant was gone often which created hardship on " NI " our waiter. Cabin Stewart - met on the first day, kept the cabin clean and neat.....nothing special, never met the assistant. Crew for the most part was friendly and smiled, but many looked pissed off or carefree that we were there. It is my understanding that The Elations last cruise was right after us.......no more Mobile because of some Mobil/Carnival disagreement and the fact that Carnival was not able to see higher end cabins out of Mobile. Plenty of rift raft on this cruise just for the record! This ship is going to dry dock for two weeks in The Bahamas for a revamp, I hope they kick the crew into gear. It really sucks to go on a nice cruise/boat and have one level of service then go on a floating tub with crap service and a carefree attitude. Overall, an ok cruise but not more on that boat or that port. Ps. Cruise Director sucked on this boat as well, talked to fast the entire cruise. Very disappointed in Carnivals lack of care for the Customer.....

Crappy Cruise for the most part

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by flyboi757

flyboi757’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15

Ocean View
Cabin 6E E 19
cabin was in a good location until they activated the pods to steer into port. Over all good value, good location on The Empress deck and near the atrium.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Cozumel
    second time here, this time we took a cab to almost the end of the strip.....seems like the cabs know where to drop you lol.......right at a jewelry store, although they do give you free beer and tequila its kind of annoying.

Went to Senor Frogs again this trip, was not impressed they seem to be getting greedy and trying to sell you anything and everything. Although it is a fun atmosphere. Watch out for the "shots" they aren't free..........$7 for two

shopping can be a challenge here, the store owners worry the crap out of you as you walk by.

Its time to go somewhere else now........
    View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    great way to see the island, definitely would go back and do the Dolphin Encounter..... saw Hell, Rum Cake factory and Rum tasting, Dolphins etc.
    View All 1,055 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • good value to see the island..........we ended up getting it for $ 15 a person, they wanted $ 20. Montego Bay is suffering with only one ship per week because of the economy. I hope it comes back, it was a nice island with lots to see.

Little bit of tension in the air, cab driver and beach guy got into a fist fight. IT can also be annoying that the shops wont leave you alone when you are walking.