• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mrsjbm
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin:

After a 7 hour drive to Mobile Alabama, from Nashville Tn, we arrived at the Port Terminal around 11:30am for Embarkation. Found the Cruise Line Parking Signs very helpful that were posted on the route in! After a long process to get on the ship, which I have described in my "port" review, we settled in on the Lido deck, for our first DOD! Found the service, food and drink all exceptional!! Hooked up with a waiter, Ras, who remained our favorite waiter on the Lido deck for the entire cruise! Seating was usually available, if you were patient. Seemed to always be plenty of seats on the port or Non Smoking side.

Found the ship in fairly good shape, seemed clean, but in need of some updating. I must add that last year we cruised on the Dream for it's 1 yr anniv, so I may be being a little too hard on the Elation. (I'm a little spoiled)Heard that Elation goes into Dry Dock for refurb very soon, and as a seasoned cruiser, I think it is time!!

Our cabin was on the Main Deck, Starboard side, very near the front. We were allowed in the cabin area right around 1:00pm, and found the cabin clean and ready for our arrival. We were immediately greeted by our Cabin Stewards, Efnul & Gus. We couldn't have asked for any better!!

Cabin 5A

Carnival Elation Cabin # M15- Cabin was roomy comfy and clean, had a cool inlet window area with two portholes. As in all cabins, needs more than one electrical outlet!!! (I forgot my extension/surge plug!)

Port Reviews

Mobile

We drove to & arrived at the port around 11:00AM, waited in long lines to enter garage and pay, where we were then instructed to unload luggage and park. No problem finding a spot, uneventful.Upon entering building we were herded into LONG lines and waited. Process time from garage to being at counter was approx 35 mins. Seemed as there was NOT enough personnel to handle the amount of cruisers. Saw maybe 8 actually assisting cruisers, with many more standing around, or looking confused themselves.After receiving sail n sign cards and thinking we were ready to board, we were herded into waiting areas, that were way overcrowded, and called to embark by zone. This process took almost another 35 mins. We have cruised over 7 times, at many ports, and this was by far the worst embarkation process we have experienced. I understand that Carnival will soon no longer Port out of Mobile, sounds like a good idea to me. Mobile had little to offer in the way of being a Cruise Terminal Town.

1 Helpful Vote