• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin:

After a 7 hour drive to Mobile Alabama, from Nashville Tn, we arrived at the Port Terminal around 11:30am for Embarkation. Found the Cruise Line Parking Signs very helpful that were posted on the route in! After a long process to get on the ship, which I have described in my "port" review, we settled in on the Lido deck, for our first DOD! Found the service, food and drink all exceptional!! Hooked up with a waiter, Ras, who remained our favorite waiter on the Lido deck for the entire cruise! Seating was usually available, if you were patient. Seemed to always be plenty of seats on the port or Non Smoking side.

Found the ship in fairly good shape, seemed clean, but in need of some updating. I must add that last year we cruised on the Dream for it's 1 yr anniv, so I may be being a little too hard on the Elation. (I'm a little spoiled)Heard that Elation goes into Dry Dock for refurb very soon, and as a seasoned cruiser, I think it is time!!

Our cabin was on the Main Deck, Starboard side, very near the front. We were allowed in the cabin area right around 1:00pm, and found the cabin clean and ready for our arrival. We were immediately greeted by our Cabin Stewards, Efnul & Gus. We couldn't have asked for any better!!

Cabin 5A

Carnival Elation Cabin # M15- Cabin was roomy comfy and clean, had a cool inlet window area with two portholes. As in all cabins, needs more than one electrical outlet!!! (I forgot my extension/surge plug!)

1 Helpful Vote