3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was my 7th Celebrity X cruise and it certainly comes in 7th in terms of satisfaction. It is our first time on Celebrity Silhouette. The ship itself is in reasonable condition with the obvious signs of wear and tear, however having threadbare sofa's and upholstery absent from staterooms leave a very poor sight. Old carpets need to be installed asap. The itinerary was Israel and the Med for a 12 night cruise. The main dining room the Cuvee really did disappoint with poor food and equally poor service from day 1 and it continued for 3 nights till having had a disagreement with the chef over the quality of the leg of lamb a table move was required by all members of the table not just my wife and I. On speaking to the chef who came to my table not once did he apologise for the poor quality of the lamb which was totally inedible and so full of fat it wasn't fit to put on a plate and serve it to a paying customer. The chef was in my opinion not bothered about the matter and treated me with contempt, I do add that I never once raised my voice I was very polite and told him that his service to me wasn't acceptable and certainly he had let down the company who do strive on calling it 5* service. What was served to me was not fit to put in front of a paying customer. A table move was taken due to the staff continually watching over us when our food was delivered to the table, it may sound trivial but it was intimidating. Chimpanzee's tea party. Having moved to a new area of the Cuvee we were treated very well by the waiters and the manager who twice provided us with a special lamb chop meal. It softened the blow but left a bad taste with us. The ocean view café let it self down especially in the meat areas again, the carvery served beef 70% of the days which was again tough to chew and not really good enough but also on other days where Turkey/Pork/Lamb was on the menu to be given ONE small cut of meat is just not on and to do an "Oliver" and ask for more was treated with scorn from the chef cutting the joint. We paid an awful lot of money for this trip and being given paltry slices of meat is unacceptable. I rarely if ever use Celebrity's excursions as they appear to be very expensive but with the security in mind we booked to go on the half day trip to Bethlehem which cost $135 per person. Now I didn't know what to expect but to sit on a coach for 90 minutes each way, stand in a queue for 2 hours to see the birthplace of Jesus and get to see it for a least 1 minute then return to the ship. No refreshments or food were provided although a toilet stop was made on the outward journey where water and other foods could be purchased, in terms of value I would give the excursion a massive 1/10 it was daylight robbery. It didn't help when others on the trip from other coaches were so rude when trying to get to the front of the queue, I'm sure anyone reading this review has suffered at the hands of these ignorant selfish people and not said anything... People who were near me definitely heard me telling them that this is a queue and your not getting passed me, oh and one of these people was the actual tour guide (Palestinian) not the Israeli guide. The Celebrity X theatrical shows I always watch and was amazed to watch the production of 'PEARL' it was absolutely awful and not up to scratch, the other two shows were decidedly average. The other evening shows were again a mixture of good average and poor. Particulary enjoyed Jayne Curry, The Joe Cocker voice, The USA comedian... Sue Denning works her socks off and a well done Sue award .... Bar staff throughout the ship were excellent and the majority of the waiters were first class, the ships officers were totally the opposite and appeared to be sullen and moody. Special mention to the staff who work the toilets, what a pleasant bunch of people doing the job most would run away from... always smiling and being pleasant. I wont mention the dirty so and so's who never wash their hands leaving the toilets and then by passing the hand cleaning staff... How inconsiderate are these people? First cruise I've ever had to ask the stateroom boy to replenish us with soap and shampoo and leaving us with only one towel on one day. May sound like I never enjoyed one minute of the cruise but I did, we met some really fantastic people who also told me that they thought Celebrity were letting standards drop alarmingly and were upset that OUR favourite cruise liners were rapidly dropping to this poor unacceptable standards. My final paragraph will I'm sure raise an eyebrow or two ....... and believe me you had to be there to see it and witness the inappropriate behaviour in the Sky lounge on several occasions where I had to witness the groping of some couples where I find it quite disturbing to see them rubbing their hands in the genital areas of their dancing partners ? but come on guys leave it out please... Not nice to see any sexual activity on the dance floor ? Or am I being old school ? Whatever I didn't find it acceptable.. I'm booked already to sail with Celebrity over the Christmas period.... lets hope the standards have not dropped any lower

5* luxury it certainly is not

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Wazzman

The itinerary was Israel and the Med for a 12 night cruise.

Sue Denning works her socks off and a well done Sue award ....

Wazzman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1A
upholstery missing on sofa and leather chair, carpet was on its last legs threadbare.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins