3. Celebrity Silhouette
My wife and I are destinations cruisers. We chose this cruise because it began and ended in Rome, with stops in Naples, Italy; Ashdod, Israel (Jerusalem); Haifa, Israel; Mykonos, Greece; Athens, Greece; and Crete. Embarkation in Rome was not up to UIS standards but certainly manageable from a time stand point. Debarkation was a snap because we had a Rome tour the morning we returned. We enjoyed the ship. It is not "overwhelming" like some of the larger ships. Our cabin was very nice - nothing special when compared to other cabins in its class. Our Cabin Steward, Teddy, was incredible. I called him "the Ghost" because we would step out of our cabin and 10-minutes later Teddy had cleaned everything up. The Oceanview Cafe (buffet) was nicely laid out but the food wasn't what I had remembered on a previous Celebrity cruise - but it was certainly adequate (we rarely ate there). We enjoyed the Specialty Restaurants: My favorite was "Qsine" - I highly recommend this one, it is "Uniquely Unordinary". My second favorite was the "Lawn Club". I also enjoyed the "Tuscan Grille" & "Murano". We didn't eat at "Sushi on Five" because just the mention of sushi and my wife won't eat there. Entertainment was very good - a new show every night. One night that the entertainer didn't make the boat...the Cruise Director was the show. But she did okay. Service was great all over the ship. If you like playing in the casino you'll probably be a little disappointed. There wasn't much action on our cruise. Since it was my first time to all of the ports-of-call we took excursions at each port. Naples: We took NP16 Mt. Vesuvius & Pompeii Hike. I highly recommend this excursion. It is a steep hike up Mt. Vesuvius but well worth it. Ashdod (Day 1): We took AS17 Glorious Jerusalem. I recommend this excursion - but prepare for long lines or take on of Celebrity's small group tours, we will next time. Ashdod (Day 2): We took AS50 Bethlehem Half Day Tour (turned into all day). I recommend this excursion - incredible! Haifa: We took HF16 Nazareth and Galilee - Jesus Ministry. I recommend this excursion. Mykonos: We took MK01, Ancient Delos. Another incredible excursion. Athens: We took PR03, Athens and Cape Sounion. I know I keep repeating myself but I recommend this excursion. Crete: We took IQ10, Real Crete - this is the only excursion that I did not enjoy! Rome: Since we stayed in Rome a couple days after the cruise we took CV94, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica with a city center drop-off: For the last time, this excursion was incredible plus it got us off the boat early and quickly. We will do this cruise again in 2019 with our sons when the oldest returns from Afghanistan.

Holy Land Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Steve551

Debarkation was a snap because we had a Rome tour the morning we returned.

We enjoyed the ship. It is not "overwhelming" like some of the larger ships.

Mykonos: We took MK01, Ancient Delos. Another incredible excursion.

Steve551’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C 9189
I thought that the cabin was very nice. It was clean and neat. My wife complained about the lack of storage space - but wife is not known as a "light" traveler, so she complains about all cabins unless we book a suite. It was ideal for two cruisers.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins