3. Navigator of the Seas
Our family of 4 drove from DFW area to Galveston. We parked right across from the Carnival cruise ship area so we didn't have to stand in line to take a shuttle bus. We gave our luggage to the porters. We got there about 12:30p and waited in one of the four lines. The check-in process took about 1 hr. We saw some people carrying all their luggage. We dropped our carry on in our rooms since they were ready. We went up to the Windjammer to eat. There was a pretty big selection of food including ethnic food (Chinese and Indian dishes). We went to explore the ship and put on our bathing suit and headed for the jacuzzi. There are 6 jacuzzis. The best ones are by the Solarium, if they are full or is too cold outside the one inside the gym is good. My husband couldn't go because our suitcase didn't come until 7p. Next time, we'll bring our suitcases with us. It would be actually easy to manage with luggage with wheels and elevators. For dinner we had the second seating which worked perfectly with our teenagers (if we got hungry before dinner, we would grab a snack at the promenade deck-open all day with sandwiches, pizza, dessert, drinks and fruit). The first night we were paired with unfriendly family. To our surprise, the second night they were moved to their own private table and we were paired with a wonderful, friendly family. I was concerned about getting seasick, so I put a patch on before boarding. I didn't get sick at all but my head was a little fuzzy so I didn't put another one after 3 days and I was fine. My son that gets seasick like me didn't put one on and after one day of taking it easy in the room and eating, he was fine. I believed that getting a ocean view room with the big window helped a lot. The ship looks great after the remodeling. Very elegant and well maintained and cleaned. Some people were slobs and left their alcoholic drinks all over the place and the crew always picked up after them. The shows were very good specially the ice show. We got tickets but were not really necessary. They didn't take them and there were plenty of seats for all. We liked the comedian, magic show, singers. We didn't take any excursions with the ship. They were too expensive. I read Trip advisor and selected our own tours. We had a great time. We'll be back!

Best spring vacation ever

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by bendecida

We had a great time. We'll be back!
bendecida’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin 3566, 3778
Our rooms 3566 and 3778 were ocean view and had a big round window (other levels had a smaller window). The only bad thing is that they were not next to each other were separated by Studio B (the skating ring) so we had to go up and down 2 floors(up 1 floor was the casino and we don't like smoke) to be able to go to each other rooms.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    For Belize, I picked Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes. The tendering process took a while from RCI NOS. As we came off the cruise ship (Spring break week), cavetubingbz was waiting for us 10:30am. We were given a bottle of water, we were only 4, so we waited about 5 min. till we were 12 so we could fill the van. It had A/C, the wifi didn't work but that was ok, so my kids could see the country side. The park was mobbed so our tour guide decided it was best to carry our own tubes to make sure we had one once we got to the launching side. They are kind of heavy if you have kids less than 12. We got to get take a dip in the cool water. We rushed out when we finished as one of the person in the other group was so worried about missing the last tender. He even wanted to skip the meal. Luckily, the guide said no. We scarfed it down in 10 min and got back on the van for the hour drive back. We boarded the tender at 4:20p. However, Other people were super late, the very last tender got to the ship at 5:50p! (We could have spend more leisure time at the caves!)
    View All 337 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Beach
    For Cozumel, I picked Paradise Beach. We got off the cruise ship and stood in line for a taxi to take us to Paradise beach(prices are posted) It took about 15 min to get there. It costs $3 to use pool and chairs, $15 for inflatables, kayaks, stand up paddles, and snorkel gear. We all paid $18. My teenagers 15 and 17 loved the inflatables. I liked the kayak and stand up paddle. We went up to the buoy and it was kind of lame because the area was so small. The second time we ventured out outside the buoys and it was more fun. Though when we returned the kayaks, the guy told me not to do that, or he gets in trouble because of the jet skis and boats. We walked on the beach. The fish and coral are nothing compared to Roatan. Unfortunately, Cozumel gets swamped by tourists and it's ruining the ecosystem. We ordered some food but didn't amount to $40. The waiters didn't care as long as they got a good tip. The pool was heated but we spent our time in the beach.
  • city
    We went to see the capuchin monkeys. They were so cute. They climbed all over us enticed with sunflower seeds. We also stopped in town to Sacred Heart of Mary Catholic church.
  • Beach
    For Roatan Islander tours. I hired Juan Carlos 2 months before our Spring break cruise. He had more people hired him for that day, so waiting for us was his friend Trent. Trent took us to where we wanted to go. Tabyana beach (best place to snorkel right off the beach, awesome coral reef and variety of fish-spend at least 4 hrs here). Trent recommended to eat at Bananarama but it look to Americanized for us. We ate instead chicken/beef empanadas from a vendor on the beach and drank coconut water.
  • Snorkeling