• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Daphne Starr
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2012
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 9

Celebrity Millennium - February 20-25, 2012 - Western Caribbean.

OVERVIEW - Quiet and relaxing. Looking forward to sailing with Celebrity again.

ABOUT ME - I'm a 30-something female from Masssachusetts, and this was my first Celebrity Cruise. Before this I have taken 1 Renaissance Cruise (now Oceania) and 4 NCL cruises with a 5th booked for July. Because I've cruise on NCL so many times, and enjoyed them all tremendously, this review contains some comparison to them. It's my hope that I've succeeded in keeping the comparison brief, objective and relevant.

Inside Stateroom 9

CABIN - Quiet, comfortable and clean. Cabins were ready at 1:30 and the luggage arrived at 2:00 sharp. I was impressed with how quickly this was done. I had an interior room 2186. I was traveling solo, and it was only a 5 day cruise, so I didn't feel it was worth the extra money to have a balcony. The room was what I expected - spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and an adjustable thermostat. It was a treat to have a cotton bathrobe hanging in the closet along with plenty of hangers and a large safe. There was also a beach bag and an umbrella in the closet. How thoughtful. The bathroom was smaller than the ones I'm used to on NCL, but it was fine for one person. The water was hot with good water pressure. An added bonus was a container of cotton balls and Q-tips, two bars of soap, and travel-sized lotion, shampoo and conditioner. The only downside was the small bathroom and the dreadful hair dryer (lukewarm air with very little power). My room steward was friendly. However, there were a couple things that got missed. There was a pair of sock under the sink from the last passenger, my ice bucket was only filled once, I never got Tuesdays newsletter, and the worst thing of all is that I didn't get any towel animals. Sounds silly, but I love towel animals.

Port Reviews

Roatan

ROATAN - Beautiful, but watch the bugs. I went on the Maya Key excursion. Beautiful island, nice lunch buffet, cash bar, picturesque beaches, nice selection of animals to photograph (monkeys, jaguar, birds), and a well done replica of Mayan ruins. One word of caution - sand flies (or sand fleas)! They are invisible, but leave a nasty red bite that doesn't itch until a week later.

previous reviewnext review