3. Celebrity Millennium
Note: This was a chartered cruise with Atlantis Events. Embarkation: When flying to Venice, Italy from the United States, you virtually have to connect some where. During this connection or even getting into Venice, several of us had our luggage shipped to other places or left at the connection airport! Celebrity did a great job providing us with extra complimentary clothing to change into while waiting for the bags to arrive. Getting on the ship was easy and painless once they started boarding everything was fine. Ports of Call: Extraordinary. This cruise was once in a lifetime for me. Seeing the Olympics in their birthplace, Athens, and being there for the closing ceremonies. Mykonos, Greece was highly overrated with so many damn people crowding into this little ally way for the sponsored club but I went off and had my own fun and it was still a great time. I loved Capri, Italy, passed up the ship shore excursion to go back to that island again! Ship Itself: By far Celebrity is the best ships for elegance I've sailed on thus far. As the lesbian comedian Shann Carr joked when I was on the January charter, same ship, that I was closest located to the stairwell with the heads on them! LOL. I'm a sucker for elegance and this ship is the best I've been on so far. Nice combination of wood and decor to truly impress! Stateroom: It was an interior cabin and the only interior cabin located aft on deck 7! Since I was in the share program, I was randomly assigned a roommate who sleep through most of the parties and was getting up when I was just getting back! LOL. Oh well, the room itself was very nice, nothing out of the ordinary. Very clean and very friendly room attendants who were extra diligent about making sure our rooms were up to par and even left some towel animals, common to other cruise lines but not Celebrity. Nice touch and I rewarded him with a bonus tip at the end of their niceness. Nicest stewards I've had yet (and this was my sixth cruise)! Service: The people at guest relations were incredible. They found my luggage in Paris de Gaulle and were all over Air France to get it to the ship before it left! It arrived just prior to sailing and everything was ok, still, they wanted to make sure this didn't dampen my spirits so they gave me complimentary toiletries, clothing and a bottle of champagne! I personally had to thank them for their nice efforts for making it a pain free time! They said, no thank you for being so nice about it. I guess when people lose luggage they take it out on them?? :( The dining room service was fabulous, our popular girl onboard was Daniella! She was a hoot! Finally got to sit in her section the last night onboard. All the rest of the waiters and waitresses had tricks and were very much enjoying our presence and let us know that by good service given! Food: Thus far sailing on every cruise ship, between RCCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity, I can't really rate Celebrity as standing out but I can say it was comparable to those lines in presentation and exquisite taste. If I'm not cooking it, I'm not complaining if it's cooked to my liking (as in rare). Entertainment: Since Atlantis brings on their own and it's what you sail them for, I shall just comment about the Celebrity shows that were run on the off nights. FantaSea was incredible the second time around and so were the rest of the Broadway style shows. As for Atlantis entertainment, those HoneyBoys still have loads of work to do with their sound, still horrible. Comedian Shann Carr, as always incredible and so was the hypnotist! The hypnotist really got some Brit guy on board, who I saw on the last night of the cruise and said the magic word and he said the code word he was hypnotized with!! I certainly hope the hypnotist got that out of him because saying "God Bless America" every time the code word is said could get you in trouble in England amongst the commoners!! LOL Overall, this was the best cruise experience of my life because of the unique itinerary combined with the fact that I was sailing with a crowd that I can really be laid back with. The ship was incredible, food was great, service beyond a doubt the best I've had and the entertainment was the same as I've come to expect from Atlantis. Celebrity Millennium is a highly recommended ship to sail on in my book! Bon Voyage :)

Millennium - Eastern Mediterranean

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by CruisinMaterial

Note: This was a chartered cruise with Atlantis Events.
CruisinMaterial’s Full Rating Summary