3. Pride of America
First let me say that this is cruise #18 for me and my wife. We've been on many different cruises and with many cruise lines. So we have a perspective from which to evaluate this cruise. The cruise had its good and not so good points. First the good: The shipboard entertainment was exceptional. The ship was also very clean and our room quite nice with a balcony. Room size was typical of these type ships. The ship was quite large and rode very smoothly. About 2100 passengers. Now for the not-so-good: They had several specialty restaurants for which you paid an extra $15 to $25 per person to use. The food at those restaurants was OK but not spectacular in any sense. The Italian specialty restaurant was awful. Similarly, the food in the main restaurants was OK but certainly not that special. The senior crew members and the officer staff of the ship were quite nice and friendly. They got it. The crew, however, the ones with whom most folks come in contact every day, were for the most part disinterested, distant and not that welcoming. They did not smile very much and seemed not to be enjoying what they did. The entire crew appeared to be USA nationals. All the service staff appeared to be US citizens and their friendliness was not the same as many other ships we have been on with international crew members. Considering the entertainment which was superior, I would rate this cruise with a 6 on a scale of 10. Without considering entertainment, I would rate it a 4 at most, on a scale of 10.

NCL's Pride of America Hawaiian Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review by peterbsnyder

• Sail Date: January 2011
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

The cruise had its good and not so good points. First the good:

peterbsnyder’s Full Rating Summary