• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

This cruise was to celebrate my 65th birthday. I traveled with my husband and best friend. We were in a suite (don't remember the level) and this is my story. An additional factoid is I am Platinum and my husband is just shy of Platinum on Carnival.

Boarding was a "Breeze" We arrived at the terminal (Galveston) at about 10:30 and were on board by 11:00. We had the quick line because we were in a suite :) Got my cork screw confiscated (mind you it has been through several airports and aboard the Carnival Liberty in the past year don't know why this time was different but it was. My BF lost her nail scissors (less then an inch of tip and they have been ok for years again who knows). Dropped off our stuff and had lunch. Cabins were available for occupancy at 1:30 and despite having priority on our luggage tags our suit cases arrived as the ship was sailing - but they arrived. Spent sail away on my balcony. Cabin steward stopped by and asked us AM or PM service no option for both if we wanted (this comes into play later). Chose AM

Off to the main dining room for early seating. Table 807 upstairs in Blush. May I say that we never saw a bar server (despite asking for one) until the final night and then it was a waiter selling shots. The chair I went to sit down in was stained and the tables were looking scratched and worn (a reason to have kept table cloths). Our waiter introduced himself and he was friendly enough just not a good waiter. Service and food was so bad the first evening we decided to try Italian the next night - just a warning it was worse then the MDR and I got charged for it. And not that I expected it I was wearing my TIARA and my Birthday sash and there was no recognition that it was my birthday although there were several around the dining room - and it was actually my birthday.

3 Helpful Votes