3. MSC Armonia
Definitely a more European feel, so maybe not suitable for American families with young kids. The food was wonderful with a buffet running most of the day and several dining rooms. We were in the Marco Polo dining room which had amazing and tasty food each night. The waitstaff doesn't bend over backwards for their guests, which I assure all you boomers is not actually rude, and a lot of them speak limited English, so just be smart about how you order things, and don't expect them to run around the ship getting you fancy drinks that aren't available in the dining room, get them yourself. The pool felt a bit crowded on the days at sea but get yourself a spot on the upper side decks with a view of the ocean and it's absolutely amazing. The bars are quite nice and well placed outside of the dining areas and theater. I think the entertainment and nightly shows were my favorite part. The shows usually featured signing and dancing and the acrobatics were very good. If you get a chance to see the Addams' Family show definitely go for it as it absolutely blew me away. The entertainment staff is a lot of fun and definitely works super hard to make your time not in port a memorable one. Again, just keep in mind that this is a more European feel if you're an American boarding for a Caribbean cruise and all will be perfectly fine. Also the guest relations are some of the most resilient people I've ever met, so don't expect a room upgrade under any circumstances; my cruise was during the COVID-19 outbreak with a much lower number of guests than usual and even so the best we got were chocolate covered strawberries after asking 3 days straight haha. All in all this was an absolutely amazing cruise and I think next time I'll skip out on Carnival and Princess and go for an MSC cruise.

Excellent ship and phenomenal entertainment staff

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by rnweide

• Sail Date: March 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Bella

rnweide’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Bella
Cabin I1
The cabin actually felt much more spacious than the 4 person bunk bed rooms I've been in on Carnival. They were exceptionally clean. The bathroom shower was super small but that's as expected when you combine European sized bathrooms with cruise ship sized bathrooms.
Ametista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Scuba Diving
    Definitely go with Alux Divers if you want to go diving. It's a quick 10 min taxi drive to Mahahual and they cater your dive to what you want to see and how many people there are. The boats are super small so definitely take Dramamine. The dive leads were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
    View All 12 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Ship stopped for a super short amount of time, and given that you have to take tenders to the island from the boat, we only really had time to walk around the shopping area.
    View All 3,513 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve
    I'll give this stop 4 stars with the understanding that this island is not yet finished. Hopefully with the break from COVID-19 they'll get some good work done. The beach was quite pebbly and you have to pay for umbrellas which are absolutely necessary cuz the sand as super white. They have a nice golf cart shuttle that will take you to different parts of the island and run pretty frequently. The dining areas weren't done when we were there so they had food trucks which were trash and only had hot dogs and hamburgers that were cold. They are working towards reintroducing coral reefs so the water is pretty barren of life right now but over time I'm sure it will get a lot better. They didn't have a bonfire like promised, and we werent told why, but we also left early for some reason. it is an excellent chill-at-the-beach stop though, and a nice place to kinda walk around in the sun and enjoy the breeze. Your cruise cards work at all the bars too which is nice. The lighthouse show is absolutely phenomenal tho, and can create super clear images on it which is cool. Hopefully with time it will reach it's full potential, but I honestly think we should have just gone to Nassau for the day instead of this island in the Bahamas.
    View All 96 Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Bring some masks because snorkeling along the reef edge is super fun. The beach is roped off so you can't swim out very far but they have lifeguards and a nice bar with good food and drinks. They also have nice women who will braid your hair for like $10-$15. You can walk along the beach too and they have tide pools with limpets and little fish and snails. Very beautiful and a good day. You can get a taxi for like $40 roundtrip for 4 people, probably cheaper we just didn't feel like negotiating.