3. Regal Princess
I came to Princess after some posh cruises on a competitor. The first was an Alaska Inside Passage that was all good EXCEPT the quality of food and the staff who were so surley...from the cabin steward to the dining staff. However, a promotion lured us back and I am so glad we gave Princess another chance. In 2018 we did a Southeast Asia cruise on the Sapphire Princess and were very satisfied. The Regal is a 3500 passenger ship - a little large for our taste. We were happy to see they have "greened" up; replacing one-time use things with cloth napkins, flatware, glassware. Both the staff and the food were phenomenal. The line seemed very gay friendly (is that a term?) - inclusive I guess is better. The Medallion experience was OK. When they get all the bugs out it will be great. If you like to snorkel I recommend bringing your own equipment - there are lots of opportunities in this itinerary. We didn't really care about the ports of call. We always book a local guide for private excursions to immerse in the culture (as much as is possible in a half day) and for the personal connection. I avoid all excursions that include shopping. Jamaica was great fun. Climbing the famous Dunn River Falls is not as strenuous as reported, we saw some pretty outa shape folks doing it. For the "secret, hidden" Blue hole or White river area - skip the big bus and go to Island Gully Falls. We really loved it and had personal attention. Do not try to drive there yourself - get a driver or taxi, the mountain roads are daunting. Grand Cayman was unimpressive because we didn't go offshore since we snorkel on Princess Cay and in Cozumel. The Grand Cayman port staff said we needed a taxi to go to Caymen Spirits rum distillery- a tour we booked in advance. They said our map wasn't to scale and it was too far and too much traffic. But it was a little over ONE MILE and we easily walked back to port in 20 minutes. Enroute we stopped at a grocer and got the sunscreen and spices we wanted for 1/3 the harborside shop prices.

Gets better each time! Great value.

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Lucky Dehn

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Lucky Dehn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Luxurious linens, furnishings in good shape. Lifeboats are blocking view directly down to the water
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins