3. Norwegian Escape
This was our first cruise and not our last. We were interested in this cruise because the timing was just right for our schedules. Unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate. It was stormy and the ship was tossing a lot through most of the cruise. Especially towards the end. That didn’t keep people out of the hot tub’s however. And I was able to swim three of the days on the boat. I just had to swim in the rain. We are a little bit food snobbish, not because we like to play food critics but because we get the opportunity to eat great food around the world. We found the Cagneys and LeBistro specialty restaurants were not up to our expectations,Teppanyaki, while a bit loud has excellent food and service unlike the other two restaurants we tried. It’s not that the other two restaurants were particularly bad but the food was kind of middle of the road. We felt that we could’ve gotten an equally decent/satisfying meal to Cagneys or LeBistro up at the Garden Cafe buffet or the complementary dining options. We were also made a little sick and our clothes practically ruined for the rest of the cruise by cigarette smoke residue gotten by sitting in the casino for more than three hours. The smoke was terrible. Apparently the Escape does not have adequate filtration or separate sections for smokers. If you have asthma or any other kind of lung problems you probably wanna avoid that partnership. It really cut back on the amount of gambling we wanted to do. That all said the crew were lovely and even though it was very cold they work hard to make sure that everyone was happy. What would’ve excited me is to see more crafting or classes on the boat. We took a painting class which was always over subscribed. I think they need to do more things like that. The origami was also very popular. If we could do some other kind of project like make your own boxes? Or something else like make your own jewelry? That would be fantastic. Even though there was a lot of things going on the ship at all times we really didn’t feel like we had a great choice of things to do. Maybe because we’re looking for things that we could do hands-on and a lot of it was participatory or passive. So Norwegian, think about more hands-on stuff. We’ve already booked another cruise in June. By the way I had to use a scooter because of a problem with my legs. Everyone was very helpful to me and if you’re disabled you’ll find everything on the boat very helpful to you.

Good first cruise

theoriste’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
Carpet was pretty ugly. Bed was hard...so hard my back hurt every morning and so did my husbands, Our balcony door -always loudly squealed when we opened it. The remote for the tv only worked when you held it a certain way. The shower would overflow and flood after a few minutes in the shower because of a slow drain. The USB jacks on the bedside lights were both broken when we came into the room and they had to be replaced. The actual power jacks are situated above the little counter across in the bed so it was difficult to plug in any bigger electronics and use them at the same time. The room generally felt shabby.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins