3. Norwegian Escape
I chose this cruise because it coincided with a "girls trip" my wife was on. It also had a Solo Cruisers section that I found attractive since I would not have to book a double occupancy room as a solo traveller. Embarkation went smoothly enough, but it was hindered by an out of service entrance, so we all had to use only the one access ramp. I was in Boarding Group 35 and got aboard about an hour after they started boarding. I think I arrived at the pier at 10-ish and was onboard by 1215. I highly recommend the Solo Cruisers area. I was impressed by Norwegians commitment to solo cruisers and can say they exceeded my expectations as a first time solo cruiser. The Solo cruiser section of the ship was a really great design. It is like a box in the middle of the ship, that spans decks 10, 11, and 12, that only solo cruisers can enter by using their keycard to get through the door. Once inside, there are two hallways with maybe 6-8 rooms per side, per hallway. The hallway is decorated with a cool look that differs from the other passenger hallways. There is also a Solo Cruisers Lounge. This is another great feature that offers a room to meet other solo cruisers as well as a place to get coffee, tea, juice, water, and baked goods. There is a stair case within the solo passenger area that you can you to access the lounge without leaving the solo passenger area. I would use that same stairway to go up from my cabin on Deck 10 to Deck 12 before entering the common hallway to go to the upper decks. It was well lit and inviting, although I did find the forest pictures on the walls to be a bit odd. Why not have nautical themed pictures? Norwegian also assigned a crew member, Min, to act as a liason for us. Each day at 5pm there was a solo cruisers meetup that any solo cruiser on the ship could go to. Min would prop open the door to the solo passenger area for those without keycard access. From there she would take us to dinner at the Manhattan Room where she had a table or two reserved. It was great because we could just walk past the line of passengers waiting to be seated. Then she would leave us to eat but set up another meeting place for after dinner for anyone that wanted to attend a show. She could get a group in last minute for sows as well. I attended two of the meet ups on my five day cruise. I met some really nice people and had some good meals with them. I'm not a foodie. I found the food to be just fine. I even had a meal at Moderno and really enjoyed the food and service. The weather leaving out of NYC in November isn't very conducive to using the pool deck, but I can only imagine how crowded it would have been during nice, warm weather. There wasn't a lot of space around the pool for sunbathers. There was a lot of sunbathing space on the next deck up, but poolside real estate would have be tight. Even in Bermuda, the weather was OK but not great for laying in the sun. The entertainment was great. Jacky, the Cruise Director was very good. His assistant CD, Alex was also a lot of fun. The activities in the Atrium were always well attended and fun. My favorite show was the Justin Golan show at the District Brew House. He was so funny and loved picking on people in the crowd. He also brought guest up to interact with him. By the end of the cruise word had spread because he shows drew standing room only crowds. As a side note, his shows a very adult themed, so leave you kids somewhere else. Leave your feelings somewhere else too because easily offended people will stroke out about five minutes into his set. It is a lot of fun. I recommend getting to know Rodney at the District Brew House, Aaron(A-A Ron) at the Atrium Bar, and Govind(sp?) at the Five O'Clock Somewhere bar on the Waterfront. These guys always kept you drink or bottle full and were great to deal with. All in all this was a great cruise. I've been married for 21 years and have never travelled solo, but my expectations were exceeded by Norwegian and I would highly recommend this Ship for a solo cruiser, or any cruiser for that matter.

Norwegian Escape Solo Cruise

donnajoedoc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1
I loved my solo cabin experience. The cabin was just the right size although if you are a bigger person, it may not be for you because the shower and toilet are a bit tight space wise. The shower had great water pressure and had enough room for me to move around. The toilet is in a closet sized room, but since you are in a solo room you can just leave the bathroom door open to get a bit more space.
There was plenty of storage with two, sliding door cabinets and a few drawers as well.
The bed was a lot bigger than I expected and was very comfortable.
There were two US outlets and two european outlets. A european/us converter would have been nice, but I found the two outlets to be sufficient for me. I did bring a power strip but did not need to use it. I only had to charge my phone, watch, or tablet.
You can also change the lighting in your cabin. I liked the Blue, but found the red to be a little overwhelming.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins