3. Anthem of the Seas
My husband and I decided to go on this cruise for our honeymoon. What an absolute awful experience. We have both been on several other cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises as well and we both loved them so we figured this would be a perfect choice for our honey moon. We sailed out of Bayonne and getting on the ship was a breeze since we purchased The Key, if we hadn’t I’m sure it would have been an awful experience because when we arrived at 10:30am there was a ton of people waiting to board (even though our boarding passes said to arrive between 12:30-1pm, we decided to get there earlier) We had a balcony room and our room was dirty. The bathroom at times smelled like a port a potty. Our stateroom attendant seemed very overwhelmed and sometimes didn’t “clean” our room while we were out for breakfast and dinner so we would have to find her and ask her to make the bed. The beds are extremely extremely uncomfortable. After the second night my back was in agony. The food was atrocious. No matter which restaurant we went to, it was awful. Room temperature and tasteless. We also ate at jaimes Italian and chopps. I wasn’t impressed with either. Every time we ate, we were rushed. We would finish 3 courses in under 40 minutes. The buffet reminded us of school cafeteria food. Disgusting and every night it was like eating the same thing. The entertainment on the ship was awful. Shows that we were told were going to be amazing were mediocre and the comedian was awful and not funny. They didn’t really offer any new or different shows/comedians so by the 5th night after seeing everything, we didn’t know what to do. The staff were very rude/unfriendly and most of them barely spoke English so when asking them for a drink or simply asking them for information- they had no idea what we were talking about. Sometimes they even had to bring over another person to answer our question, which was very frustrating. Also, my husband and I went for a massage and after the massage was done, the masseuse came in and tried selling us products that they recommended for our “conditions” I have had a ton of massages in my life and have never experienced this before. They were so pushy and wouldn’t take no for an answer!!! It was so uncomfortable and ruined the whole massage experience. I’m guessing they make commission from these sales because the products were all over $100. The ports were nice. We went to Port Canaveral, which was ok. If you don’t plan on going to Disney or the Kennedy space center, there’s nothing else to do there. My husband and I just went to cocoa beach since we didn’t want to travel an hour to Disney and the space center tour was 8 hours. Coco Cay was amazing. We purchased a day bed and it was very nice and relaxing. Not many kids were in that area so it was nice and quiet and the free food that they offered was burgers, hot dogs and fries- which was honestly better than the food on the ship. Nassau was great too. We went to the Hilton hotel and got a day pass and spent the day there on their private beach. I recommend this to anyone who doesn’t want to go to Atlantis and deal with screaming kids all day. It was perfect! To sum it up, If anyone is interested in going on a cruise, look into another cruise line. It was not worth all of the money we spent on this trip.

Awful! Do not waste your money!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Candolino

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Candolino’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3D 8626
Awful. Unclean, smelled like a port a potty and our service attendant took forever to make up our room. We had to find her to ask her to make up the bed and leave our room so she could do it. She never cleaned the shower or bathroom while we were there or replaced the toilet paper. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and there’s literally nothing on tv. Most of the channels didn’t work except for their channels and to rent a movie cost $11.99- insane! You can rent a movie on tv at home for under $5. Such a rip off.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins