3. Anthem of the Seas
The ship was great. It is a beautiful ship but starting to show wear and tear. All the public area sitting areas are in need of upgrades. This turned out to be one of my favorite ships. To start, we had to wait 12 hours before leaving Bayonne, due to the weather. The next day when we did leave, we were pretty much in a Nor'easter. One family member had a 3rd deck window cabin and the waves were over the window. But the Cabin held the ship steady and was constantly in contact with the passengers with announcements. Dining was very good. we had the Chops Grille for lunch when we boarded. I advise for $22.00 it was a fantastic lunch and did not have to fight the crowd. The food in the main dinning Silk was good, but the service was ok. I would say the buffet was one of the best. The managers, Murat, Hilton and Imokang were the best of the best. Always making sure we had everything or whatever we needed. Sorrentos for pizza is the best, and Café Promenade was perfect for med day or late night snack and coffee. One of the best surprise was Two70. Breakfast or lunch was a nice hideaway. Shows- We Will Rock You was the best of the three shows. Staff - was very good and friendly. Casino - was on the smaller side. I did not do well in the casino, but someone won $20,000 on this cruise. Bingo - we are bingo players and we loved Lars. He is very personable. Did not see much of the Cruise Director Mitch and I couldn't tell you who the AD was. I do have to say that this ship had the slowest elevators of the 15 cruises I have taken. But we got use to that or took the stairs. Ports - Boston - we took an Uber into Boston and walked around. It was fun. Portland - We walked the area. They had craft tents along the main road. It was ok, we just walked around. Bar Harbor - We did an excursion thru the ship to Arcadia National Park, it was beautiful. We walked the town and then had a lobster roll sandwich. It was ok, but the blueberry pie was better. Halifax - We booked this thru the ship. We went to Peggy's Cove, it was beautiful and the bus ride out there was gorgeous because of the fall foliage. However, we also went to the Titanic cemetery. It was never told to us that because of construction we had to park further The hills up and down were tough. It said it would be dusk when we got there, lol. It was dark! Car headlights on etc. The guide actually borrowed my phone for the flashlight to show some of the headstones. I did complain about this when we got back, but they would not do a thing. St. Johns - did not get off, 40 mph winds and rain.

New England October 10, 2019

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by hockeyfan806

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Virtual Balcony

One of the best surprise was Two70. Breakfast or lunch was a nice hideaway.

Shows- We Will Rock You was the best of the three shows.

Staff - was very good and friendly.

Bingo - we are bingo players and we loved Lars. He is very personable.

Ports - Boston - we took an Uber into Boston and walked around. It was fun.

St. Johns - did not get off, 40 mph winds and rain.
hockeyfan806’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Interior with Virtual Balcony
Cabin 2U
Loved this cabin. I am use to a balcony but we decided to try the virtual balcony. Even after adding a third person to the cabin, it was still comfortable.
Location was great, about 10 cabins from the rear elevator. Bed and pillows were great.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins