3. Carnival Elation
This 4 day cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada was amazing. Cruises are what you make of it, and we decided to have a great time and take advantage of everything. Embarkation in San Diego was very easy and quick. The safety drill was painless, as Carnival no longer requires you to wear your life vest or pack in like sardines. The dining room service was exceptional as usual, the food was delicious and plentiful (try the West Indian Pumpkin Soup... I wasn't sure I'd like it as much as other cruisers do but wow!) The only major annoyance of Carnival is the pushiness of servers near the pool to buy drinks from their trays (which are less potent than ones ordered at the bar).

Catalina Island was beautiful and a nice beach town. We took the $4 trolley up to the Botanical Gardens which were kind of nice and then went down to the beach. Once Descanso Beach is finished with construction, it will be beautiful. The town itself was very cute and a nice relaxing day. Kayaking may be a nice option here. People said the glass bottom boat was pointless.

Ensenada Mexico was rich in history, but not an amazing port. We still had a great time, but vendors are very pushy, and the town is a little dirty. I hear the port won't be a stop anymore, which is probably a good idea. Our kayaking tour may have been awesome to the coves and hideaways, but it was cancelled due to rough seas.

The ship is old, but it is in good condition. The showers are a decent size, and spa showers are amazing... go up there! The bedding is Carnival's nice bedding, and it was inviting at night.

The trip was very rocky. Our last two nights, especially the last, almost made me sick and I don't get seasick. I am extremely hard to wake up, and the last night rocked so much, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. The boat swayed from side to side like no ship I've ever seen. I don't know if it was the stabilizers, boat or just the Pacific Ocean those nights, but I am still swaying days later.

Overall, we had an amazing trip full of laughter, dancing, great food and fun times. I would definitely go on another Carnival cruise, but not necessarily for those ports, but at that price, we were going for the boat and fun!

Awesome Trip but Rocky Seas