3. MSC Armonia
I decided to keep this review to some of the highs and lows of the cruise. The cruise was extended two days due to the hurricane and two more days for free on a cruise ship was pretty nice. I stayed in an interior and the room was very well designed with a real chair to sit on in front of a little desk area--better than other lines I have been on. However, never again will I complain about a small shower, this one was amazingly small and on an angle. Thank goodness the shower head could be pulled off as a hand held shower so I could clean my entire body. Staff: I booked this room as a solo and first time cruiser with MSC but got a status match to the gold level. That is what caused an almost disastrous problem. While my status match was being processed, some MSC employee saw my name as a past guest and put that customers voyager number and information on my account. The booking ended up with two people--Jane Doe from the US as a gold member and Jane Doe from Ireland as a silver member. Five phone calls and many hours on the phone later, a supervisor said it was fixed but she couldn't actually remove the Jane Doe from Ireland from my booking. When I checked in at the port, the employee came back with two cards--one silver and one gold. After a lengthy discussion with the supervisor, I was checked in. I got all the way to the gangplank when the security there scanned my card and said "NO", go back to check in. It turned out they checked in the wrong Jane Doe AND COULD NOT FIX IT. I had to board the ship as the wrong person!!!! Later that evening an employee on the ship was finally able to get my correct card and information in the system. Since I never legally boarded the ship, I was worried they would not let me back on at the first port but they did. Calling customer service, my first two calls I was on hold 57 and 53 minutes. One overall problem was lack of communication. For example, I paid for a transfer to take a bus from the ship to the Fort Lauderdale airport. I asked my steward if I would get a ticket or some paperwork and he did not know. I did not receive anything so I stood in line at guest services for 45 minutes until it was finally my turn. The staff member asked what color luggage tag I had--??? I said light blue and he said that meant I had the transfer to the ship. HOW WOULD I POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?? I then asked where to go to find the bus and was told "outside the building". I asked--to the right--to the left?? and no one knew. I followed the signs to the right that said "pre-paid transfers" dragging my 45 pound suitcase and carryon but that was wrong, the bus was to the left. Other random comments: There are no lockers to use in the gym unless you pay for a thermal package so bring something to hold your room card or bring pants with a pocket. There is no TV guide in the room and the active channels are in the 800s--took a while to find them. The bathroom had liquid hand soap which I liked but the shelf storage in the bathroom was less than half of what Carnival ships have and it was not enough room. There was no Kleenex in the bathroom although there was a spot for it. One customer asked and the steward said they were not stocking it but no reason given (cost or they ran out?). Only two very small hot tubs. The pool was salt water and I think it was super salted because you could literally stand still without touching the bottom and float like you had an air vest on--amazing. The smoking area on deck 11 was nice but it needed more room and more chairs. Free gelato every day was one of the best parts of the trip and the french fries were darn good too as an afternoon snack. The internet never worked on deck 11 where I wanted it to work to show people the hurricane updates, it worked off and on in my room on deck 9 and I had to go stand next to the internet computers on deck 5 to get a stable enough connection to check in for my flight. Ports Honduras--If you don't have an excursion, it will take you about 45 minutes to see the few shops that are there. Costa Maya--Moderate number of shops and a nice pool that is free. Cozumel--oodles and oodles of shops in the port and on the street but selling all the same usual stuff.

Tidbits of the good and the bad

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by siamese5555

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Fantastica

Calling customer service, my first two calls I was on hold 57 and 53 minutes.

Ports

Costa Maya--Moderate number of shops and a nice pool that is free.

siamese5555’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin I2 9234
The room was well designed and I loved having a real chair to sit on instead of just the bed.
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins