Norwegian Star Cruise Review
2,612 Reviews

Relaxing TA cruise on refurbished ship

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by denreill

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

My second TA cruise and my second time on the Star. Huge improvement in ship decor and design with new additions like Spice H2O and Bliss lounge, refurbished Garden Cafe.

I had an inside cabin on Deck 9. The 2018 Drydock provided as much needed face-lift on this 19 year old ship. I know the layout of this ship very well and really enjoyed most venues including the specialty restaurants Moderno, La Cucina and Le Bistro.

6 days at sea may not work for everyone, but it was exactly what I was wanted with no work emails or phone calls to return. Cutting the digital cord allowed me to completely relax.

Ports were good, no complaints l had never been to Punto Del Gado or the Azores or Madeira and their beauty did not disappoint. Seville and Granada were wonderful trips, as Was Tarragona, our final port for debarkation.

Entertainment was ok, not quite the calbre or as polished as on the bigger NCL ships, but not bad.

Service was good to excellent in all dining venues, one exception was a Guest Services person who was a tad condescending when i asked to have a bar charge removed from a dining bill. I was charged for 6 glasses of wine when I had ordered just 2. I was a bit annoyed that i had to insist the charge was not accurate. I then had to revisit the same issue 2 more times to get the charge removed.

Weather on our cruise was fantastic and the Atlantic was like glass.

denreill's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9093

Excellent and comfortable for 1 person. Great Location midship.

denreill