3. Celebrity Silhouette
We chose this cruise because we had never been to Amsterdam. But, should also mention that we are regular cruisers with celebrity and love them. The checking in procedure was quick and painless as normal. However, we noticed the normal age demographic for celebrity cruises was a lot younger than we normally see. I should also say that we are young at heart and have no problem with people having a good time, however on this cruise we had our eyes opened! There was a lot of groups of what appeared to be stag and hen parties, which is not what we expected to ever see on a celebrity ship, and who were clearly on a mission to drink as much as is humanly possible from the moment the bars opened which was early given that mimosas, bloody Mary's where on offer at breakfast. That's not a problem normally because I myself have in the past had a bloody Mary or two at 10am ish, but, it was the level of bad language and general rudeness of some of these people that was shocking to us. There was also a lot of young family's and the children were left to run riot, while the parents were drinking. I have to say that we were not the only passengers that were shocked and offended by the more unruly behaviour. We even spoke to two different sets of travel agents who were shocked at the behaviour and had even experienced vulgar comments themselves. Two first time couples where also shocked at the behaviour and they said they would not come on celebrity ever again based on this experience. We did try to reassure them that this cruise was not a typical celebrity cruise, and that to not let the current bad behaviour of some drunken fellow passengers put them off cruising with celebrity. All that been said the ship, staff and food was lovely as usual. And we will cruise again with celebrity but hope they don't have any other "booze cruises" planned because I think that would be great shame and a big mistake on celebrity's part.

Standards dropping

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Merrydale

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe
We chose this cruise because we had never been to Amsterdam.

Merrydale’s Full Rating Summary