3. Norwegian Pearl
I had a free cruise opportunity, I chose Pearl over the Bliss because it had Glacier Bay on the itenery . NCL docks in Downtown Seattle so we were able to visit some shops and ride the Seattle wheel after dropping out bags before boarding the ship. We had a forward ocean view room which was great a nice big window. We rarely saw our room steward, but he did everything we asked him to and the room was very clean. Since this was my first cruise as a Platinum with NCL we took the ship's tour the morning of our first Sea day. David the Cruise consultant led the tour and did a great job. He also helped us out answering any questions we had throughout the entire cruise. We had great weather no rain until the last day of the cruise. The seas were a little rough the first night, but smooth after about 2 pm on the first sea day until the end of the cruise. We ate dinner at Cagney's. Moderno, Lotus Garden and both of the MDR's. The food and service was good at all though the service at Moderno was exceptional (The Captain and a Coast Guard inspection team were at the table next to us). We had gotten glass drinking straws for our cruise since NCL no longer gives out plastic straws. One day at Breakfast my friend left her straw at the table. Our Waiter Eugene saved the straw and got it out to give back to us the next evening when we stopped in for dinner. My only issue with dining was that breakfast in all locations seemed pretty plain and bland. The entertainment on the ship was good for our needs. THere was a production show Variety Plus, and they dancers also performed at various cruise activites throughout the week. There was an Elvis impersonator show where the dancers also danced. There was also a magician (OK funny but nothing great), Tim Kaminski a pretty good comedian, and Nicolla Ward a very good singer who was OK at her evening show but really good in the matinee show on the last day of the cruise. The cruise director staff was very friendly and did make the routine events fun. Coming from the East Coast we were usually beat by 10 Pm (1am our time) so we had did not partake in later evening events until the last 2 days. Shore Excursions were OK. The Tram is Juneau is a must do we had no lines being that it was near the end of the season. Most stores on all Alaska ports had everything half price since the season was almost over. White Pass Railroad is another must do. It was OK If it had been half the cost I would say it was great but I am not sure if it was worth what it cost. The Rainforest Sanctuary in Ketchtican was really great we had a great guide and saw lots of need stuff. Glacier Bay was Amazing. Worth the entire trip. I can't really put it into words but it is Awesome. We stayed onboard in Victoria, It was the one rainy day on the cruise. We sat in the lounge listening to the string trio and watching the busses come and go and saw people trying to stay dry.

Great Alaska Cruise

totalee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8516
Nice room big picture window. Only issue is that is is above the theater so you may hear practice or shows if you are in the room then.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins