Royal Princess Cruise Review
1,684 Reviews

Loved the ship and the itinerary

Royal Princess Cruise Review by seymourandeve

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Went on this cruise with two sets of friends. All of us had a wonderful time. Normally I do not write reviews but because of some of the others I wanted too. I think some people set their expectations so high that they get disappointed. We used Princess Air and flew in 3 days early to see London. They were waiting for us upon arrival and took us to our hotel, where a princess representative was there to greet us. She was there each day and was lan excellent source of information and was Like a personal concierge. The transfer to the ship was painless and so was embarcation. Our room and steward were great. Balcony could have been bigger, but our steward was able to open the corridor between our two friends balconies and ours, which made it feel bigger and gave us a place to socialize when in our rooms. The itinerary was very busy and I wish there would have been one more Sea day, towards the beginning of the cruise. We went five days with all day excursions before the first sea day and it was exhausting. We did excursions daily. I thought the food in the dining room, Alfredo’s, the International Cafe, burgers and Pizza were great. Wasn’t a big fan of the Buffett. Breakfast was good but lunch and dinner not so much. We didn’t do specialty dining but our friends did and said it was fabulous, (steak house). Service at the bars was fast and all of the bartenders were friendly. One in particular, Orville was incredible. The Casino staff was the most accommodating of any on any ship I have been on. Also the slots were loose. The captain was delightful and so informative, always providing details. Entertainment was also good. Enjoyed all the feature shows and the entertainment in the atrium. As a seasoned cruiser, I did my own thing and didn’t participate in a lot of cruise staff planned activities. Enjoyed many of the speakers that presented on the ports we were visiting. They obviously loved their heritage, were very knowledgeable and gave great pointers. We did half princess excursions and half private. They were all good, but private were a lot cheaper. We used a Princess transfer to get back to the airport after the cruise and it ran smoothly and in my opinion was a no brained when traveling. This trip was fantastic and exceeded all 6 of our expectations.

seymourandeve's Full Rating Summary