3. Royal Princess
This was our second TA cruise. Our plane arrived 11 pm at Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise so we spent the night at the airport to save money. Embarking was smooth but the crush of people at the lunch buffet was overwhelming and the food was underwhelming. I was hoping the boring food was not a sign of things to come. Our cabin was a balcony with a love seat. The decor was old 80s style. We both thought it was shabby and dated. Cabin steward was friendly and came to our rescue when we had been drinking and lost our room key. Had one special dinner at the Crown Grill which was decent with good service. The food in the dining room was mediocre at best.The food was tired and dated. I have no idea where they found those spindly little lobsters on lobster night. Really pathetic. Why even bother. The wait staff attentive. The desserts were outstanding especially the chocolate ones. The buffet was hit and miss - I did love the sushi, shrimp and roast beef but everything else was just ok with exception of the desserts which were quite wonderful. The buffet waitstaff was good when they were not pushing some wine tasting event or the like. I felt embarrassed for them having to bother people with sales pitches. I hate getting hassled to buy things when I am trying enjoy my meal. It was almost impossible to get a seat by the window. Most of the entertainment was fine. Although the comedians told the same tired jokes that might have been funny in the 1950s but were just boring now days. The new Silk Road production was ok but I wondered why on earth they could not use original music instead of pop songs. In some cases the pop songs did not match the story line. This seemed lazy not to hire someone to write original music and it ruined the production for my husband and I. The only standout in terms of talet was Perry Grant. He is such an original and unique talent. We loved his shows but so did everyone else and we could never get a seat. He should be moved to a larger venue that can accommodate all his fans. The library was small and had a smallish selection of books. i did like that they had many travel books. The library table was monopolized by the puzzle people. They hogged all the chairs working on their puzzles at all hours. When I tried to move one of their finished puzzles to take some notes on a travel book I was reading several of the puzzle people turned on me like rabid dogs. It was scary. The puzzle people should be moved to a different room or better yet throw the puzzles overboard. Excursion desk was great. The lady that gave the port lectures was wonderful. Bermuda was pleasant but not a place I would return to. Azores was amazing and spectacular. Lisbon had a horrible hop on hop off bus that was late and waited until it was filled so we were stuck on the bus for an hour. My advice is to just take a taxi to the tourist area.. Booked a local tapas and wine walking tour. Le Havre was boring. Disembarking was easy.

Ok but nothing special

Royal Princess Cruise Review by unsinkablemolly

This was our second TA cruise.

Had one special dinner at the Crown Grill which was decent with good service.

The food in the dining room was mediocre at best.The food was tired and dated.

Excursion desk was great. The lady that gave the port lectures was wonderful.

Disembarking was easy.