3. Celebrity Reflection
Having great experiences on a solstice celebrity ship Equinox several times and with the idea of getting an opportunity to experience New Orleans Mardi Gras for the first time sounded great to both the wife and myself. Wife Celiac required her to be selective in choosing certain dishes, it was best for us in the past, to be eating in the Blu specialty restaurant during our cruise. on this particular cruise...Big Mistake. Two sea days to New Orleans was fine with me, since having a balcony (Aqua Class) saw plenty of the delta, muddy Mississippi, oil platforms in the distance, interesting landscape on our 7-8 hours up the Missisisippi River to New Orleans. We loved getting off ship after we docked in Orleans I nearly walking 4-5 blocks to a Mardi Gras parade. Next day took team to French Quarter and next day hit bourbon street and Royal Street. Denis our State room attendant was great, one ofthe best we've had. Blu was a disaster in in that it was very very noisy every night late into the evening. In fact on the first formal night they had to hand out pagers for the guests at 8:30 at night. We were told earlier it would be less crowded if we attended later after 8:30. That was not the case each and every night. Don't get me wrong, but we did get to socialize with people dining next to us but the overall ambiance was LOUD and NOT conducive in having a conversation with your dining partner! People were talking over each other at appeared every night. My wife's orders were never right each night, and we began questioning why would we spend extra for Blu, when we can downgrade to concierge or veranda and spend that savings at a specialty restaurant. I see that there is no more room and that food and beverage officer rectified our situation by allowing us to dine at specialty restaurants for the last three days. The other ports of call were for those who visited are but a waste of time, Grand cayman and Cozumel. Got off the ship to stretch out landslide and turn back for oceanview cafe, which by the way had a better quality of food than Blu! The lawn club that was offered to us was nothing but superb and the attention to the diners was excellent. Marco's attention was the best, with attention to detail!

Great Mardi Gras Cruise

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Fivetoes

Denis our State room attendant was great, one ofthe best we've had.

Fivetoes’s Full Rating Summary