3. Norwegian Jade
I should have known that I was not going to like cruising on NCL as soon as I booked the cruise. I had to call back the next day with some questions, the phone operator was not helpful at all and a little sarcastic when I asked the basic questions that I had. Also, every time I called I received a different answer to my questions. Secondly, the hurricanes hit. NOT NCLs fault of course, however, once again information was not easy to come by. Once we got on board I thought it would be better but it was not. Since we were not able to book our excurions online, we waited in line at the excusion desk. Most of the excursion were pretty close to being booked. We booked all of the exhursion for the trip that day. One of our picks - a snorkelling trip on Bonaire was already full but we were placed on a wait list. The staff member told us about another excusion(snorkling) that was almost full but still had places available. We decided to book that one. when we received our tickets in our room, we realized that the gentleman gave us the wrong one!!! We immediately went down to the desk AGAIN waited in line and then was told that there was nothing that they could do because we couldn't prove that they had made the mistake!!!! Unbelievable. I also felt that they overbooked most of our excursions. Too many people on a snorkling trip(Aruba). There were at least 40 people trying to get out and back on the boat. That took a lot of time away from actually spending time at our beach break - which only lasted 20 minutes. We have cruised Celebrity and Carnival in the past so I am not new to cruising. We had a balcony room which is what we always pick. I felt that the room was much smaller than the other lines and also had less storage space. Now we move on to the food.... It was pretty bad. We ate in several specialty dining rooms, the buffet, and all of the other dining options that were included. Le Bistro was awful. Food was cold and tasteless. The Itanlian and Steak House were pretty good but not overly impressive. Our biggest complaint with the included dining options was that the foold was cold and boring. My husband and I are both in our late 40s and we felt like youngsters on the ship. I felt that most of the entertainment and activities were geared to the older generation. While we did go to most of the activities offered on the ship we were BORED out of minds.

Norwegian Jade - Not what we expect - in a bad way