3. Norwegian Getaway
This was a port intensive cruise with two sea days. Both the embarkation & disembarkation went smoothly. We arrived at the Copenhagen airport and went outside to get a taxi van. It took about 30 minutes to get to the port and cost about $70. I had an early flight and walked off the ship at 7:00 am. There were regular taxis & taxi vans waiting. I am shocked at how quick and easy it was to take our own luggage and walk off the ship and take a taxi back to the airport. The Getaway is huge and there are over 4000 people on the ship. I disliked the Atrium because it is way too crowded and very difficult to find a chair for the activities. Other ships hold their activities in the theater and this is what I prefer. The Million Dollar Quartet is fantastic and just like the B'way show. The actors were great and believable. Burn the floor was also excellent. You need to make a reservation, to see the shows because the theater is very small for such a large ship. I was able to see Million Dollar Quartet a second time by walking in later and going all the way down, to the front edge of the theater. There were no lectures or talks about the ports because NCL wants you to buy their excursions. I did my own research and had a fantastic private tour, in St. Petersburg. I also did a tour of Stockholm because we were docked outside of Stockholm. For the other ports I did them all on my own, with a Rick Steves' book. The service at the complimentary restaurants was very, very slow. The food was mediocre. Lobster is off the menus. The escargot was a huge disappointment. It was chopped up and unrecognizable. The Cirque Dreams show & dinner was awesome and worth the extra money. Our inside cabin was very small. The balcony cabins seem to be slightly larger. The Baltics was wonderful but the Getaway Ship was not.

Port Intensive Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by TravelingAPor

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom

The Cirque Dreams show & dinner was awesome and worth the extra money.

Our inside cabin was very small. The balcony cabins seem to be slightly larger.

The Baltics was wonderful but the Getaway Ship was not.
TravelingAPor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1
The cabin was small because we had 4 in the cabin. The closet was tiny and there were just a few shelves.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins