Norwegian Gem Cruise Review

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by mhamdag1

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Inside

We love the included packages like unlimited adult beverages and so on. That is what initially made me try it plus good reviews. The Gem is smaller and the cruise was a lot more expensive than Caribbean ones but that is because it was Canada and New England. All ships are more for these ports. Because of that, we decided to try an inside room when we normally get a balcony. Wow are they tiny but pitch dark at night which makes for great sleep. One complaint I have is most of the specialty dining restaurants are now Ala Cart which can be really expensive. They used to have a set fee. I love to try those restaurants but not at those prices. My main complaint is not the cruise lines fault. The excursions in each port were mostly sight seeing. It became very boring and we longed for more action. I found many of the guests agreed with me. However, if you take this line, get the week pass for the spa area. Amazing!!!!!

The service on the ship is fabulous and the main dinning room was beautiful and the food was great. Felt that the entertainment lacked but the casino was great. Lost a bit but most of the dealers were great fun. We plan to take our next cruise on this line but want a bigger boat. I recommend this line.

mhamdag1's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin ID 11141

Tiny but lots of storage space. Big shower however which was great.

mhamdag1