3. Rhapsody of the Seas
I read some of the reviews, but I went with an open mind. I had been in bigger ships so I was a little apprehensive about this one. Let's start: the embarkation process was horrendous, is amazing how the embarkation on the Oasis and Allure took less time that this one, we were online to check in for an HOUR. I'm surprise they didn't have special line for cruisers with diamond and above status. They have it when you are going to get your seapass, but not for the security check in, very disappointing on this. After and hour or so, we went to deck 5 , didn't receive any special greeting considering this was the last holiday cruise. First, day proceed to the Windjammer the food was ok, looking for the "paella" always find that one on the bigger ships. The food was kind of bland, not too much taste. After that look around the ship and get reading to sail away on deck 10. Today was New year Eve and ready for the celebration. Two location deck 9 and 10 next to the swimming pool or centrum I opted for the centrum since there were going to release balloons and I like that. We waited, counted, saw balloons falling and that was it. They distributed some champagne, but I never saw it coming my way. Dinning; Second day, it was ocean day then we explored the ship. Went to the Windjammer for breakfast got the fresh made omelet, today the service was pretty fast after that day I don't know what happened it was very long wait, but the omelet was better that the self service food. Lunch was ok once again the meats were very bland, I guess they forgot to put some seasoning. After that pretty much the food was repetitive and bland, nothing worth to mention as good. As the seven days we had lunch in the Windjammer 4 times and the experience was the same. Giovanni: not that great on this ship. After eating in Giovanni in the Allure and enjoying the food (even though I don't care for Italian that much my husband is the fanatic) I was kind of looking forward to this, once again another disappointing experience, the food was not that good and the portions were small. After talking to other people they had the same experience they didn't enjoyed Giovanni, but they liked Chops Grills (this time we didn't go the Chops) Entertainment: Looking forward to that the singers and dancers were average, nothing to say. Out of the four singers, only one female sang really good, the other ones were average. They did a good presentation with "Piano Man" and the farewell performance. The other performance was "The Legends of Liverpool" at that exactly what they were legends, supposedly they were handed pick by the sister of George Harrison, she must had hate her brother because these kids didn't sing that good, considering they were "hand picked", you expected better. We enjoyed the songs of the Beatles but it was a little torture to hear some of the songs, considering their voices. The comedian was Outstanding; James Stephens III, was hilarious he went over an hour and you didn't get tired to listen to his jokes. Definitely, this make it up for the two previous nights. Service: Was very good, we had a little encountered on the main dinner; one nigh the service was very slow to the point we left without eating dessert. The following day they were very apologetic and try to be very fast with the service that night it worked. Unfortunately, on the last night of the cruise were slow again, we had to get their attention to get the menu for dessert. The service in the main dinner was not consistent. A little bit disappointing. Port and excursions: We decides to book with the cruise line as usual very expensive price to pay but we are safe in case something happens in the trip. Since we had never been in Roatan or Belize we did the cruise's excursions. Roatan, it was ok they take you to see the mangrove in a little boat and to visit and see the dance of the native "Carifuna" first and last at least I got that experience, but is not worth the money paid. Not much to see in Roatan. Belize, it that port is in my itinerary again for sure I will stay in the ship. About 2hrs + in a bus to get to the pyramids during the trip you learned facts about Belize by the guide Peter, he was very entertaining and funny that made the trip interesting. After that we received more information about the pyramids once we get there and then about 40 minutes to explore on your own and do some shopping for local merchandise. Back in the port we had lunch in a local restaurant " The mermaid" it was a good price but not too much flavor either. After that, they said there was a fleamarket but it was very run down and small, not very impressive. Back to the ship. Not a good experience in Belize. Costa Maya and Grand Cayman being there, done that we decided to stayed closed to the ship and browse in the stores. Value for the money: It was average, the only good part of this cruise if you are a diamond member there is a nice lounge and the concierge was very friendly and your will have a nice place out of the crown to hang out on your own, facing the ocean and a good coffee.

It wasn't that bad, but I was hoping for better.

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by marti0127

Dinning;

Entertainment:

Service:

Port and excursions:

marti0127’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Cabin:
Went to check our room 3094, good location next to an elevator and a two decks down from the main dinner Edelweiss and on the same side from the Schooner Bar, since the ship is small it will be a short walk for the Windjammer since is in the opposite side of the ship on deck 9. But the negative point the bed was very hard and I thought I was able to manage that set back. I slept like that for 2 days until someone mentioned to me to request an extra comforter which it did make a little difference in the comfort of the bed. This cabin is oceanview a nice point, to see the starts at night time from your window. Luggage won't fit under the bed, average storage, not shelf in closet to place your shoes or other items, no fridge in room. I know you don't need that much room to take a shower, but the shower is kind of tiny with a curtain.
  Rhapsody of the Seas Deck Plans