3. Rhapsody of the Seas
This was my first cruise. I was on vacation with my wife. We booked an oceanview stateroom in deck 2 of the Rhapsody. We did not like the cruise. It’s very small, the decoration is very retro (not in a fashionable way) and looks old, many exposed rust patches and painted over patches are very noticeable, many of the halls smelled really bad (like smelly toilet) most of the time. The cruise seems more tailored to old people than young people. There is just not much to do in the cruise which makes you feel like staying in a prison. The food in the Windjammer Cafe was not that good since the focus is more on quantity of food than quality. The food in the cafe is even worse, including cold cheap pizza (nasty). More than once I had to go run around looking for a coffee pot that had coffee in it....in the morning! The food in the Edelweiss was good the first 2-3 nights. Quality of the food declined after. The service here was good most of the times. I must point out that the only great thing about the cruise was service from one server in particular, Kersley Bottin (hope i got his last name right). For the most part, we sat with different servers every night. However, Kersley always noticed us at breakfast and dinner and served us coffee and tea just at the right moment, without us needing to ask, he just showed up with my coffee/milk/sugar, and my wife's tea! I wish everyone who worked in the cruise treated the customers the same way that Kersley treated us. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We had another waiter that, for example, served us warm white wine in a warm wine glass. I had to jump through hoops to get the front desk to print excursion tickets. Everything is totally overpriced, including $18 per day internet, $58 per day per person all-inclusive cocktails. Ah, and every time you order a drink under this package you get charged an 18% gratuity on the cost of the drink, so even if you paid the $58 per day, you still need to pay the 18% gratuity in every drink ordered.

Small, Old, Rusty, Cheap Food, Overpriced Services. Flying next time...

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by red-spot

red-spot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

• Cave-Tubing
    This was an awesome excursion experience. My wife and I had a blast. Our tour guide’s name was Eric. I highly recommend asking for him as your tour guide. He was funny, witty, and very knowledgeable of local culture, food and just a nice and humble person. He knows English, Spanish and Creole. We are very grateful for all his attention. We also noticed that his boss was constantly calling him to make sure we were on schedule, we were having fun and we would get back to the cruise on time. The zip lining excursion was very cool, I had never done it before, but the staff makes you feel very safe. You will zipline over and through the jungle, over a river and will most likely encounter local wildlife. Eric made sure we got the premium service, which included rappelling and a stroll through their small farm with fruits and cane sugar. After zip lining we went cave tubing. I’m out of words to describe this experience. It is just one of the most beautiful experiences ever. You will swim in clear, cool, fresh water on your way upstream. Once we got to the landing spot, Eric guided us all the way down and pointed out interesting facts about the caves, both technical/scientific and cultural. On our way back, we stopped in a local restaurant for local food and beer. Awesome, again. Eric dropped us off with enough time for shopping around the port area. This is a trip I will never forget and would live to do again sometime soon.
    View All 342 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Stay clear off Toucan Tours. 1)Our guide’s English skills were very poor. This sucks since part of the experience is to learn about the history of the site. 2)The guide include an explanation of a killer tree which is very offensive towards women. 3)The guide asks everyone in the excursion to pay $1 as a donation to the local Mayan community which is not included in the price of the excursion. This is not true. I know Spanish and overheard the tour guides talking about how they would use this money to pay for part of the entrance fee to the ruins. 4)The tour guide on our way back had a cold and coughed without covering his mouth. I got sick the day after with a cold. 5) The drinks that were “included” did not have alcohol, even though they were supposed to and I complained to the server. 6) The food was cheap but not bad. However, it is obvious that they want to get you there so that they can upsell. This was an overall bad experience. I would not recommend this tour service to anyone.
    View All 374 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Beautiful beaches!!!! Want to go back there!!!
    View All 3,478 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    Very poor country. Kind of sad.
    View All 2,900 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews