3. Radiance of the Seas
The whole experience was absolutely fantastic. We enjoyed every minute of our trip. Before this cruise, we had an exhausted week long trip in Alaska already (including Fairbanks, a Haul Road journey up to MP270, Denali NP, Russian River, Exit Glacier, Kenai Fjord NP and Anchorage). Alaska is truly a bucketlist destination for a life time. Embarkation: On the Embarkation day, we woke up early to catch the Coastal Classic train from Anchorage to Seward. RCL had been sweet to take care of our luggage at Anchorage depot, so we do not need to worry about it on our train ride or the little exploration in Seward. We arrived in the terminal around 2pm (sail on 8pm). There was few guests so we did not wait at all for check-in, and everything went on smoothly. The only thing bothered me was they kept my passport saying because I am holding a non-US passport. The luggage was delivered to our stateroom before the dinner that night. Ship: Radiance of the Seas is THE best ship I ever sailed with (although my experience is quite limited). Although she is not the latest or the largest in the RCL fleet, she has been very well-maintained, clean and fancy. Radiance's layout was exceptional: everything was well presented and easy to find. The lighting was also lovely in the Centrum and we liked it every minute. We did not use everything, just the Centrum, Theater, Shop, Photo service, Cinema, Solarium and jogging trial. No complaint at all. Downside: The elevators were not working on the Deck 4. Dining: We only tried My Time Dinner and the Windjammer. Absolutelly flawless. The food in RCL is always a big saling point. Entertainment and activities: The shows were ... funny, entertaining and enjoyable. However I cannot say I enjoyed myself every minute. Loved Jamie, the cruise director: he was very funny; left early in some other shows. I attended all lectures (all about ports to call). They were interesting and informative. Service: No complaint. The room attendant did not introduce himself on our arrival. I was a little concerned. However, everything went smoothly and the service on Radiance was great. Ports: I loved every port, literally.

Amazing Journey with Radiance of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by chch41

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

The luggage was delivered to our stateroom before the dinner that night.

Downside: The elevators were not working on the Deck 4.

Ports: I loved every port, literally.
chch41’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

The first stateroom with a balcony I've ever tried. Of course it was more expensive than ocean view, but totally worth it. We saw so many killer whales on our balcony. The room was spacious with everything I expected. The room attendant was sweet and did a very good job on cleaning.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans