3. Radiance of the Seas
We really really enjoyed our first cruise ever. We planed for a long time for this cruise and we had the best time. I did a lot of studying of the different Alaska Cruises and Cruise Lines and I chose Royal because of a few reasons. It hit the spots we wanted to see and spent a lot of time there. Most of the other cruises didn't spend as much time in each of the ports which was really important to my wife and I. We also went with Royal based on reviews and demographics. We didn't want to be the oldest or the youngest on the ship but wanted to be with people our age. We in our mid 40's and we felt really comfortable with our other ship mates. I would highly recommend doing the one way trip and not a round trip cruise. We had more time and had more stops and Hubbard Glacier was amazing. The one way trips are a little cheaper but you end up paying more for airfare. It was totally worth it. The room was great. We had a family ocean view room for just my wife and I. A little problem with our first room we reserved occurred and we lost the room but thanks to Royal Caribbean they upgraded us to this room and we loved having all the extra room. We used the small bedroom for our luggage and to lay our jackets out on the bed. We never heard anyone else, very quite room. The drapes were also really nice and kept the light out. Sunset was around 12 AM and Sunrise around 4 AM so this made sleeping nice. The food at night was fantastic and so was the service. We usually ordered multiple appetizers, main courses and deserts. Once and a while we found something that we didn't care for but since we had a couple of things ordered we just ate the other one we liked. We did the my time dinning which worked great. We ended up with the same waiter every night and sitting next tables with the same guests almost every night. We traveled with another couple and had a table for 4 each night. The buffet and other food on the ship was pretty good. Some days better than others but we always found something we liked to eat. I would recommend eating breakfast and lunch in the main dinning room when it's open because those meals were so much better there. Tip - if you go to see a movie get there early the little movie theater filled up quick. The shows were fun. It was our first cruise and although the shows were a little cheesy we had a great time. The comedians were a lot of fun too. Steve the cruise director was really fun. He could sing, dance and was really a good entertainer. FYI - DON'T GO to the little presentation they do on shopping in the ports. It's pretty much just an infomercial for buying diamonds in the ports..... we left it early after getting some pretty good laughs especially when the shopping director told all the women to look at their rings and look how small their diamonds looked. The first day out at sea just above Vancouver got a little rough in the water and some people were getting sick. We didn't. We did take a sea sick pill each morning. I would recommend the Bodine pills. They are non drowsy and seemed to work for us. At the end of the trip we got a shuttle to Anchorage where we rented a car and then spend a couple more nights in the Denali area which was really neat. Wish we could have seen Denali but as for most visitors it was hidden in the clouds.

First Cruise Ever & We Loved Every Minute Of It.

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by sjhanksaz

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

sjhanksaz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Room was very big for just two people but we really liked it. Very quite too. Didn't hear anyone else, not even from the hallway. I felt for people who were mid ship near the center area where there were a lot of loud things going on.

Drapes kept it quiet and the bed was comfortable. Our porter was also great and kept the room in great shape.

The window was really nice. I will never forget waking up one morning and opening the curtains to see Hubbard Glacier right in front of me.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans