Have been wanting to go on an Oceania cruise for several years and I must say Regatta did not disappoint in any way! From embarkation to disembarkation and everything in-between the cruise was perfect. We boarded early and since we were in an ocean view cabin our cabin was not to be ready until 3:00. However, we were able to indulge in a delicious lunch in the buffet ( crabmeat salad on avocado was sheer heaven) and the smart people were already in their swim suits and using the pool. Can't say enough about the small ship experience. I've been to Alaska twice before but, have never enjoyed it like I did this time. I feel like I never want to cruise Alaska again unless I am on an Oceania cruise! Cruising Hubbard Glacier was spectacular. This cruise was definitely for an older crowd. Loved meeting people from all over the United States and even some from Europe. While their were some younger cruisers (in their 20's-early 40's) most of the 650 passengers were between 60-75 or even 80's. Almost no wheelchairs and no scooters however. Cruisers were highly educated and most were well traveled. The entertainers were excellent and did double duty as assistant cruise directors. They all had terrific personalities. A highlight for a lot of the women were the needlepoint get-togethers on the sea days. Oceania does not spare any expense. Activities were well planned. The evening show was at 9:30 every night and it was a pleasure to not have to go early to save a seat! For that matter, you never had to worry about a line or crowd anywhere!

In love with Oceania cruise line!

Regatta Cruise Review by lovemykids22

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View (obstructed view)

lovemykids22’s Full Rating Summary