This was my first cruise ever, and the first for my mother since she took the Queen Mary in the early 60's. I traveled with my mom (69), sister (29), aunt and uncle both early 70's. My sister and I were definitely in the minority on the trip, but it was an amazing adventure for us. Embarkation and disembarkation were seamless for us. It seemed at several ports, especially Vancouver, that the larger cruise ships were having to accommodate for much longer periods of time, taking away from their time off the boat. The ship was incredibly small which made the whole experience seem intimate. It was only sold 575 (85% capacity) so there were never lines (except to buy bingo cards!). The cabin size was adequate, we were in an A2 Concierge Level Veranda which made it much more open feeling. We had three tall people in it, that overpacked, but it didn't feel out of control. The fold out felt like a gym mat when it pulled out, but we've slept on worse. It was adequate. We started every day with a latte made by Valentina in the caffe outside of the Grand Dining room, followed by a full breakfast in the dining room. The fresh fruit was always that, fresh. I thoroughly loved the omelets prepared in the traditional French style, with goat cheese and chives. The coffee refills were quick, and they were able to get us additional lattes from the bar. The croissants are literally to die for, I probably gained 8lbs on the trip because the food was so incredible. The only down side was that breakfast was over by 9am which limited our ability to sleep in. Lunch was either off the boat or at the outdoor burger/sandwich joint. All were good but after eating such a hearty breakfast and in preparation for dinner we usually skipped this. For pre dinner drinks we met for aperitifs in the Martini Lounge for drinks with the head mixologist, Igor. For dinner we were lucky enough to get 8pm reservations at Toscana and Polo Grill for 4 of the nights. The rest of the nights we ate in the Grand Dining room. We are pretty flexible on timing for meals (never a rush) usually going through several courses so it never felt truly delayed. Individual drinks were cost appropriate to the level of the service and were consistently fabulous. Occasionally we would order a bottle of wine for the table, and realized upon receiving the final bill that buying into the unlimited beverage plan would have cost the 5 of us almost $3,600 and saved more than $1,600 buy paying per drink. We also took part in spa treatments, all of which were adequate, not the best I have seen from all inclusive trips before (the ones we have had in Miami and Cancun were much better) but they did the trick. They were rather expensive though. We did not participate in many of the nightly entertainment performances because we were generally still eating. If we weren't exhausted, we would stop by the Martini Lounge again for after dinner drinks and slots. The only time we spent time with the entertainment group was during our daily game of Bingo, they were great and extremely funny. The ports were exceptional, apparently we were consistently told that the weather was more perfect then it had been in ages with little to no rain. The Hike and Bike through theThe only issue we had was in Vancouver, for a hop on hop off tour. It was a nightmare, no one had any idea why but it took us 2 hours to get off the boat and then no one knew what was up. Poorly executed and a frustrating end to our trip. Overall, I loved the trip and was able to do exactly what I wanted to do: explore the beautiful state at my leisure, expand my photography experience, relax and enjoy amazing food.

Amazing time, relaxing with a hint of adventure.

Regatta Cruise Review by ka.gossett@gmail.com

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

ka.gossett@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A2 7048
It was adequate and placed well on the boat near the laundry and equidistant from both sets of elevators.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins