3. Navigator of the Seas
This was my 10th cruise and 5th with Royal Caribbean. We had been on Voyager of the Seas in 2008 so it was our 2nd Voyager class ship. This was our 13 and 16 year old sons first cruise. Hotel info-We flew in a day early and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th. Didn't care much for the hotel but you can't beat the location to the port- about 5 minutes away. Embarkation was relatively quick and easy. We arrived about 11:00 and we on board by 11:30. Cabins were ready about 1:00. Ship info- It is very easy to get around the ship and never takes too long to get from one place to another. Yes, the elevators can take a while sometimes but never too bad. My husband and sons spent a lot of time on the sports deck. They all play basketball and were all able to play in some games and tournaments. They play soccer as well but open play soccer was always way too crowded. They enjoyed mini golf, the rock wall, ping pong tables (there are 2) and the flow rider. The flow rider has a small amphitheater where you can watch the "surfers". We enjoyed the outdoor movies by the pool although the movie selection wasn't great. They also show sporting events (NCAA Elite 8) by the pool. My experience with deck chairs on sea days has always been bad and it still is. This rule about only saving a chair for 30 minutes or your items will be removed isn't enforced. I got up to see the sunrise at 7:15 on our first day at sea and dozens of chairs already had towels on it!! I was just looking for 1 chair one day and walked the ship for about 20 minutes before I could find one. The fitness center is very nice and never seemed overly crowded. Service- All aspects of service were excellent. Very hard working and friendly staff. Entertainment- This was just so-so for us. We really enjoyed the comedians but they only appeared 2 nights.The ice show is also really good. But none of the other Broadway style shows appealed to us. Dining-We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer everyday. We never had trouble finding a seat. While the breakfast offerings are the same each day there is so much to choose from we never tired of it. Lunch also had great variety. While the Main Dining room meals were fine I feel like it's no longer exceptional like it was in the past. It almost feels like they toned the quality down a bit to secretly encourage people to go to the specialty restaurants. I also found serving sizes to be quite small. Which isn't really a problem because we could just order a second entree if we were still hungry. We chose My Time Dining which was very disappointing. Each night they had 2 desks where you could check in. One was for guests with reservations and one was for guests without reservations. The line for those with reservations was at least 15 minutes long (just to get to the desk) while there was no line for guests without reservations. I observed also that they would usually be seated right away while we waited and waited. It really made no sense to me and I will go back to traditional seating in the future. Ports- Labadee- We love Labadee! It's so nice to have an easy and cheap day at the beach. It's a lovely spot. We took our time getting off the ship and I worried that we wouldn't find any chairs but there was plenty still available. There was 8 in our group and 5 of us had all day dragon coaster tickets ($35.75). We parked ourselves on Adrenaline Beach right near the entrance to the coaster. It was also right next to restrooms, a bar and lunch. It was perfect because our party easily did the coaster 10 times each. They loved the coaster and the views it offered. Lunch was great- burgers, dogs, ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, salads, rolls and dessert. We also rented a floating mat ($19.75). Grand Cayman- We love 7 mile beach so we spent our time there. We took a taxi ($5pp) to Public beach which is a free beach and they have all the amenities that you can pay for (umbrella, chairs, water sports, food etc). We decided to walk down to Governors Beach and stayed there. This is a very quiet spot but just we we wanted. We walked across the street and grabbed the bus back for $2.50pp. Falmouth- The port area is brand new and very nice with lots of shops and hand crafted goods. We did the Chukka Zipline at Rose Hall excursion through RCCL for $114pp. This was a GREAT choice. The tour guides made the day so fun. It was a great experience that allowed us to see lots of Jamaica. Disembarkation- We had a flight at 11:30 so we chose to do self express departure so we were the first ones off the ship and carried our own luggage. This was smooth and very fast. We had final call from the windjammer at 7:10 and ran back to get our bags. By 8:20 we were through security at FLL (we were not checking any bags). Port Everglades is a great port to sail out of simply because it is so close to the airport. Summary- This is a great choice for a cruise! I really love Voyager class ships- just the right size and lots of amenities. We are trying out Oasis next year so I am curious to see how it compares.

Navigator- Western Caribbean- great cruise!!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by doconnor4

The fitness center is very nice and never seemed overly crowded.

Ports-

doconnor4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

We loved the location of this cabin! It was right by the elevator so straight up to the areas we used most- the Windjammer and the Sports Deck. Down one floor to the restaurant and Promenade. The cabin was fine for 4 of us (kids are 16 and 13). The pullman beds were good for them. This was a very quiet cabin and no rooms on the other side of the hall. Never heard doors opening or closing.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans