• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Elation Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

Glad they are drydocking to refurb.

Review for Carnival Elation to the Western Caribbean
Melsmusic
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Aug 2014
Cabin:

I have cruised on RCL before and have always heard that Carnival is the Walmart of cruises. We just wanted a quick trip out of our home port of New Orleans and RCL does not do less than 7 days so we figured we would try it out. We took a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. I hate to say that everyone was right. The ship is very dated ( scheduled to be drydocked for referbishments OCT 2014) and it shows everywhere.

Or cabin was E147 and ocean view on deck 7, we went Ocean view because Balcony rooms are not available on this ship. The room was interesting. The bed constantly seperated at night which can be quite a pain in the butt. There was ample storage in the vanity and closet for everything we had, and I tend to pack more than I need. Wish the bathroom had more counter space, but we made it work. We had no problems with noise at any time. We had a couple of small issues and maintenance was very quick.

We had "Faster 2 Fun" so getting on the ship was a breeze. We loved being on the boat before 11 am and having or luggage already in our room. Getting of the ship in NOLA was another story all together. We chose to carry our own luggage off with an early departure time and still spent over 2 hours in line to get off of the ship.

previous reviewnext review