3. Pride of America
It has taken a little while to get around to this review but I am not so old my memories have faded. Firstly check in and boarding went well with no hold ups and showed the typical NCL efficiency. The cabin was an obstructed view on deck 7, it was what I expected, a bit smaller than the other cruise lines but well appointed and very clean and kept that way throughout the cruise thanks to a very efficient cabin attendant Wilma. Food in the main dining room was good but it would have been nice to see more vegetables on the plate 3 or 4 beans and some potato is not enough for me. I guess the majority of the food is aimed toward the American market but my family found it a bit stodgy and fatty for our liking. We dined in the Italian Restaurant on one occasion, we had some trouble booking a table but when we arrived the restaurant was less than half full. The food in this eatery was of a very poor quality and the service equally appalling If this restaurant had been land based I would have refused to pay. My daughter ordered lobster fettucine and unfortunately I think the lobster concerned had been sunbathing on the pool deck for a few days, it was rank and should never have made the pan let alone the plate. We complained to the Maitre D who did absolutely nothing. Over all though we had a pretty good time the majority of the staff were helpful and efficient the facilities on board are good the shows we saw were excellent (Jersey Boys and a really entertaining Comedian ) and the 2 shore tours were of a high quality particularly the Directors Cut tour from Nawiliwili, a great way to spend the last morning before heading back to Honolulu and disembarkation. Ah yes disembarkation, we chose to go as late as allowed as we had a private tour booked for 10 am we got there on time but the queue almost ran the length of the ship and virtually blocked up the entire deck. This is an area that needs some improving. Finally the ship overall is starting to appear a little jaded and it is perhaps time to take a break and put the pride back into this ship.

POA good and not so good

Pride of America Cruise Review by Hillman53

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

Hillman53’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

• Helicopter Tour
    Highly enjoyable helo flight with an excellent pilot, half the price of the ship tour of a similar nature.
    View All 32 Helicopter Tour Reviews
  • Pearl Harbor
    Good driver most informative and helpful, unfortunately our visit to the Arizona was cut short by the Navy who decided a strong breeze was too dangerous. Our driver however took it upon himself to use the time showing us more of Honolulu which was really good it also allowed us a little extra time for impromptu stops for photos etc. this is a really good way to get yourselves and your luggage to your hotel without having to struggle around town with bags whilst waiting for your hotel check in time.
    View All 182 Pearl Harbor Reviews
  • Hollywood - Hawaii
    Great tour excellent guide, a bit pricy but a great way to spend the last morning before returning to Honolulu, recommended.
    View All 24 Hollywood - Hawaii Reviews
  • Historical Kona
    This was a very nice bus ride in the country with a stop at a coffee plantation and at a park which has a deep religous and cultural significance to the people of Hawaii, Unfortunately our driver lacked some basic tourism training and was more interested in singing Hawaiian tunes to us than imparting information.
    View All 13,028 Historical Kona Reviews
  • Iao Valley
    I think the driver was a ring in and was not entirely sure what he was supposed to be doing, however we ended up with a free visit to the aquarium so all in all it worked out well for us
    View All 23 Iao Valley Reviews