3. Pride of America
We took this cruise as a 30th anniversary celebration and we had a great time. Our room was nice and we had a balcony which made it even better; it gave us an opportunity to be able to escape the crowds when necessary but still be able to enjoy the views and the ocean breeze. The ship is very nice and the crew is really good. The food is really good, but not great. A great description I have heard that I will repeat here is that many ships have a reputation of being on par with Ruth's or Morton's; the Pride of America is more like Outback. I will say that we did have a great meal in the Teppanyaki restaurant. I didn't really see the point in having two main dining rooms since they had the exact same menu with the only difference being a miniscule variation in the dress code. The entertainment was really good and the various other on board activities (trivia, contests, etc) were really good with the exception that on a few instances the crew went for the cheap laugh, something to be expected on a Carnival cruise. The range of opportunities available on the excursions was excellent and we took advantage of them 6 of the 7 days. Overall it was a great time

Great trip; Hawaii was amazing.

Pride of America Cruise Review by rrussell1967

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Overall it was a great time
rrussell1967’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE 10642
Our cabin was very comfortable and the views from the balcony were excellent. One of my pet peeves when traveling is the water pressure (or lack of it) in the shower...I was shocked at how great the shower was. Our cabin steward was quite friendly and very attentive.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Secrets of Puna
    We had a great tour guide (Angelique). Overall a really fun trip, but if I had to do it over again there were parts I would skip. The trip to the thermal pond was mildly entertaining, but not worth the time. The hike across the lava flow area was amazing, ending at a very small black sand beach, although I'm not sure it is big enough to qualify as a beach. Also, she made one of the best meals we had the entire trip.
    View All 13,312 Secrets of Puna Reviews
  • Waimea Canyon
    We actually went on the best of Kauai tour, which included Waimea Canyon and the Fern Grotto and a cruise on the Wailua river. Given the choice I would probably just do the Waimea Canyon tour on its own. It is amazing.
    View All 124 Waimea Canyon Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Captain Zodiac snorkel and boat ride was great. Got to see some very active dolphins, a great area to snorkel, a great crew and a fun boat tour of the area.
    View All 72 Snorkeling Reviews