3. Sapphire Princess
This was our ninth cruise, fourth to MR, first time on Princess and many of the things we have come to take for granted on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL were not there. Small things admittedly but they add up after 10 days. (1) Embarkation was a nightmare as there was a bottleneck filling our health questionnaires, many queued up outside and a rainy day would have been especially bad, this could have been fixed by passing clipboards down the line to people and when you finally got checked in they wanted you to board in groups but there wer not enough areas to wait. (2) we (and many others on board) got some upper respiratory thing that kept us confined to our cabin for 3 of the 10 days, I blame this partially on Princess as the first signs appeared after 3 days and there were not NEARLY as many opportunities for hand sanitizer as on other cruises. (3) the buffet had all the charm of a hospital cafeteria (white tile); tucked back in a corner under so much sneeze guard (HAH!) your could barely get to it.--and the placement of the food was so weird, people were always backing up to get something to go with their plate and it gave the impression of being disorganized. (4) much deferred maintenance on the ship; our draperies had safety-pinned hems; almost half the lights were burned out in the pool, there are few public bathrooms and the heavily used ones remained with wet dangerous floors some stalls remained inoperative the entire cruise. (5) crew was incredibly unevenly trained (trying to be kind) never on a cruise before have I had to hold the doors open for a crew member, move aside to let them through or back up so they could proceed, I took for granted that THEY usually do that in deference to passengers. (6) the set-up of the ship is very confusing as hardly any of the decks go all the way fore and aft; many walls are at angles--we never did find the fitness area or a track for walking... Sad trip as the weather was cold and rainy (obviously not their fault) but I don't think I would be back on Princess anytime soon.

So disappointing.

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by cllucas44

cllucas44’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A626
Odder placement of furniture (blocking the balcony) and more deferred maintenance than on other similar balcony cabins. Huge closet but you don't live in them.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins