3. Caribbean Princess
After reading so many mixed reviews on here I headed on to the ship with some trepidation, but it was a good experience. This is my second Princess cruise so I already knew enough to know not to expect the level of service that you'd receive on Disney, Celebrity or the higher end lines. Even still we had a fabulous cabin steward, John, who was incredibly friendly and a great waiter in the Palm dining room, Michael from the Philippines, who was incredibly helpful, funny and great at anticipating our needs. The other areas of the ship delivered the reasonable service level I expect from a mid-price line like Princess. As many reviews state, the ship has signs of her age here and there but nothing egregious that I saw. There always seemed to be small puddles of water on the upper decks, sometimes large puddles after it rained that made it hard to navigate without getting your shoes wet. We also found the layout of the ship very counter-intuitive and the signage significantly lacking, even on Princess Cays which tells me it's probably a company-wide thing. But if you keep your handy little ship map with you and look for deck signs with listings of what is on each deck, you'll be fine. The Princess Patter is a nice thing to have but if you have a mobile device (tablet/phone) you can hop on to the ship's wifi for free and use it to navigate to caribbean.princess.com and you'll have the ship information with event listings, venue hours, shipboard account info, etc at your fingertips and you don't have to pay for internet to use it. Overall the food is good but not excellent. The food was pretty hit-or-miss on the buffet lines but consistently good in the dining rooms. We ate all but 2 or 3 of our meals in the dining rooms and were very satisfied. There was only one dinner where we struck out and that could have been our choice of entrees. The baked Alaska was great, much better than I remember having on any other line which is a highlight for any cruise I take. I would agree with the other reviews that the nightly entertainment isn't stellar but we only caught the ventriloquist. He wasn't bad just don't go expecting Jeff Dunham. The musical acts throughout the ship are a mixed bag, the DJs and steel drum players were alright, but the pianist/singer in the Crooner's lounge in the evenings is great and every night we went by there it was standing room only and everyone was singing along like in a piano bar. The guitarist, Toby Reiley (?) was fantastic, we loved listening to him while we played cards. We didn't do any of the ship activities except the wine tasting the last day at sea which we got for a bargain deal of $9.50, instead of paying the full price $25 at the beginning of the cruise like our dining room neighbors. We booked this cruise within 2 weeks of sailing, got a great deal and so were very happy with what we got for what we paid. Since we live in Ft. Lauderdale this was cheaper than a staycation and a great getaway.

Not bad for the price

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by J Sorensen

• Sail Date: September 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
J Sorensen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Cabin C625
Loved this cabin! Cold a/c, super-dark, only one neighbor, great room steward! Yeah it's an inside cabin, so it's going to be small, no more than 2 people will fit (forget about a baby in a pack and play), but you don't get an inside cabin if you want a luxury experience. Heard a little noise on the other side of the wall that backs up to the service area behind our stateroom, but it was in the afternoon and not for a very long period of time. Shower is a one-person stall but not a problem. Would totally stay in this cabin again.
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans