3. Carnival Magic
I read a lot of reviews and did a lot of research before booking this cruise and I will say I was very satisfied and enjoyed the cruise more than I thought I would. I will start by saying that I usually am prone to motion sickness, so booking the cruise was a little scary to me but I took motion sickness pills and was fine, I didn't not feel sick once even though the boat did rock more than I would have liked, it was not a deal breaker. I will split my reviews in to categories so you only have to read what you are interested in... Embarkation - went by faster than I thought it would, my husband and I arrived to Galveston at 12, we were on the boat and settled in our room by 1. You will need to have the driver of your vehicle drop you and your bags off at the terminal then you will hand them over to a porter and the driver will go park the car and take a shuttle back to meet you. This was the longest wait I had, about 15 minutes. Once you are reunited, you will go through check-in it took us about another 15 minutes and then you will be able to find you room on the ship and drop off your carry-ons to explore the ship. Ship Review - The Magic is a great ship, the water park is nice for young and old, the sky sport deck is nice, but it was too hot to really utilize. The main pool on deck 10 (Lido Deck) is more suited for adults although many kids were there, I personally would not take my kids there, too much drinking and dancing going on for them to run around and play. Be sure to check out the Hairy Chest Contest and the Synchronized Swimming Competition, these are so funny and should not be missed. The ship is big and might take a few days to figure out the fastest way to get to where you want to go. The ship is really clean, the crew is constantly cleaning, which was really nice. Deck 5 has the Casino and Pub and Comedy Club and Deck 3 has the dining rooms and main lobby and theatre. You will spend most of your time here if you enjoy people watching. My only complaint is that the Casino is filled with the smell of smoke even though there are no smoking signs everywhere. The Gym is also sort of small and hot when it is packed, which it usually was. Shows - the magic show should not be missed, it is pretty good, other than that, I was not a fan of the other shows. The Comedy Club is worth checking out, there were 4 comedians on board and I found them all very funny. And the activities going on around the pool during the day are a lot of fun. Rooms - I had a balcony and I found it big enough and always clean thanks to the amazing staff. Tip: Ask for an Ice bucket the first day, the steward will then refill it for you every day. Tip for girls: the blow dryer sucks, bring your own! Another Tip: the is not an iron in the room, you will have to take you clothes to the Ironing Room which is located midship on your deck if you don't want wrinkles. We stayed in the Aft, if I had to do it again, I would stay midship which is more centrally located. Ports - Roaton is by far the nicest port, you don't need an excursion for this port, there is plenty to do and the beach is very close so if you are a beach person you will enjoy this port. We also ziplined here which only took about an hour and was worth it. Tip: don't book with Carnival, if you do you will be hered over in a big group, if you leave the ship and walk straight to the zipline (ran by carnival but can be purchased in person at the ticket window) you can beat the line and zipline first then have the rest of the day to wander around and hang out at the beach. the price is the same either way, you will just save time doing it on your own. Belize - if you don't book an excursion, you will not like this port, there not a beach close and the port is not very clean or nice. We did cave tubing with lunch, I loved it, it was very interesting and the lunch was great. Cozumel, you don't need an excursion, but I would recommend taking a taxi to a nearby beach, otherwise you will not have much to do in port. We took a cab for $16 to Mr. Sanchos, a beach that offers an all inclusive package for the day, all you can eat and drink for $55 a person of you can enter for free and by everything al a carte, either way you will have fun. Food - great and lots of it! You will not go hungry, the main dining room has plenty of options you will not feel like you missed anything if you eat there every night and don't eat at the specialty restaurants. The burgers by the pool are better than I thought they would be. The pizza place is good and I never found the wait to be too long. The lido deck buffet is great also, with plenty of options. Tip: if the line is long by the main entrance (pool side) go to the back closer to the aft, there are two other lines that are never as packed. Debarkation - Took forever! We decided to do the relaxed debarkation and not self -assist, it took a really long time to get off the ship, about 2 hours. I would definitely do self assist next time. Overall, I loved this cruise, I can't wait to book another one! There are a couple of things I would do differently, I would pack less so I could do the self assist debarkation , I would take a watch! (I constantly was in search for a clock) I would stay mid ship, take a blow dryer, and more clothes that needed less ironing :-)

Review for First Time Cruisers