3. Carnival Magic
I took my first cruise in April 2014 onboard Carnival Magic out of Galveston. We went to Cozumel, Cayman and Montego Bay. My only complaints are more situational than anything to do with the cruise itself. We traveled with 14 people from 7 yrs old to 60+ and that was challenging as far as getting everyone together at the same time on port days. Having phones or something would have been beneficial for such a large group. Other than that it was fabulous!!! There was more to do than there was time to do it in, so I'm going again! I was surprised to find that by the 2nd day most of the staff that I had interacted with remembered my name. And they are always SOOO Happy!!! In Cozumel we shopped and enjoyed Margaritaville. The staff at the shops were somewhat aggressive in trying to sell but they were very funny about it and provided for some good laughs. Cayman was a little frustrating in trying to get off the ship as there is no dock and you have to be tendered to the island. It took us over 2 hours to get off the ship and there were more people waiting after us. I had almost decided to skip Cayman and just enjoy an empty ship when our group was called. Thank goodness I didn't skip out. Cayman is absolutely beautiful! The water and beaches were probably the most beautiful of the 3 ports. We walked around for a while then took a bus to 7 mile beach. Our driver on the return to the ship from the beach was great. He gave us a little tour and lots of history and information about the island. Montego Bay had very aggressive sellers as soon as you get off the ship. They will just start putting jewelry on you for you to buy it. They seemed to be used to being told no though and would move on to the person behind you. We went to Sunset Beach Resort for the day. It was good for a day but if I were to go for a week I would probably stay somewhere else. Food was good, drinks were good. They did not open the family pools until around 11 and said that it was due to a problem with chlorine levels... I would think they would do that early enough to be prepared for guests to swim. Especially with anxious children staring at the water slides! The days at sea were so relaxing. We spent a lot of time in the Red Frog Pub where we found the Thristy Frog beer to be liquid gold! Our bartender, Jefferson and wait staff Jenniel were amazing and made sure that we had a blast. I sincerely hope they are both on my next cruise as they set the bar high! As a smoker, I also spent a lot of time in the casino bar. Eko, Saw and all the staff there were wonderful. It was so fun to watch them making tons of different drinks, all the while with a smile on their faces. I was in an interior room, which was fine as I wasn't in the room often. Others in the group had balcony rooms. Although the interior room was fine I believe I would prefer to have some access to daylight in my room. The bathroom in the interior room was fairly small... you could almost sit on the toilet, shower and brush your teeth all at the same time but really, you aren't on a cruise ship to hang out in your bathroom!! The food was all wonderful. I'm pretty basic in my food choices and really liked the BLT from room service. I think I had one every day! The time definitely went too fast and I can't wait to go again. The great thing about a cruise is everyone is there for a good time. I didn't see many passengers who had a bad attitude (although by the 5th day I did notice more couples fighting). Do prepare for being patient as there are a lot of people trying to get to the same place at the same time. Plan on lines and just make the best of it. At the end of that line may be one of the best experiences of your life :)

Fabulous... Not enough time!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by KSCruzer1977

KSCruzer1977’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

This room was just fine. It was nothing elaborate. It was a place to sleep and clean up. Next time I will most likely go with a balcony because I smoke and like to be able to look outside and see what time of day it is! However I really didn't spend much time in the room. I will say it served it's purpose.
  Carnival Magic Deck Plans