3. Navigator of the Seas
We have boarded the Navigator in port of Civitavecchia -- all went smooth, fast and with a smile. Entering that amazing ship for the first time was an experience itself! As we arrived early, I had plenty of time to explore the boat before it got crowded. I did notice a slight drop in quality of the design and the materials used then in the Radiance class ships of RCCL, but this is a bigger ship so it did not hit me as a negative towards the Navigator. The dislike of the main public areas is to few pools for such as huge ship and especially lack of the Solarium -- an indoor pool area where people can swim even in the cold weather or during the winter time cruises. The main pool is large and cold, and there is one pool on the front that is adults only. There is also one huge hot tub in the closed SPA area, but if I have been on a winter cruise would actually have no options for swimming. The staff was amazing -- helpful, smiley, always ready to help and chat. We loved them all and they solved our every issue in a moment. The front office staff was really organized, there were never lines, if by any chance a line created (on the payment day for example), they brought extra staff and a lady who went from person to person in a row to see if she can be of any help so they would not need to wait in line or to give quick answers. I found this really good because my boyfriend, who usually loses nerves waiting in lines, has not even said a word even we stood there longer than 20 minutes. The lady that was cleaning our rooms was great -- we liked to sleep longer so she switched her room schedule for the cleaning and for the turndown service. The bar staff was also good that we (my boyfriend and me) did not even need to meet other cruisers -- just hanging at the bar with them and listening to their great and funny stories was enough. And last to mention, the Portofino and Chops service as top of the cake -- so good that we actually ate there 5 out of 7 nights on our cruise and did not even get a chance to try the dining room! After the first dinner at the Chops, we knew we will pretty much not move from there. The ambiance is great, the staff amazing and the food is incredible. A must to try is the melting T bone steak, but we loved everything else as after 5 nights we pretty much went through the whole menu. Other two nights of the cruise we used the Windjammer caffe for a quick snack, and my opinions on the food on board star rocketed when I saw a great choice of sushi served at the Windjammer - after a cruise on Costa (Serena) and their food choice, this was a dream come true. Lunch in the Windjammer was also a surprise as we had Indian, Japaneese, Mexican and other cuisines plus the regular meals. The variety was great as well as the taste. I was pleasantly surprised to see the choice of free soft drinks, coffe and ice-cream (this aslo after Costa cruise where you can be happy if you find free water, not to mention other soft drinks or ice-cream). Besides this, numerous buffets around the ship, all nicely presented and yummy resulted in a couple of kilos extra. Other services we used was shore excursions -- well organized, no complaints about that except the prices are really a bit high for simple excursions -- would probably go on more if prices were at least 10 -- 20 % down which they could comparing to what we are actually paying for (the bus, the guide and maybe and entrance to some local attraction). All in all, a great experience and a great ship and staff who made my boyfriend change his mind about cruising -- after our (and his first) cruise on a different company he was not so excited about cruising, but now he cannot wait to do it again! Ports of call: Civitavechia Bari Athens Ephesus (Turkey) Chania (Krete) Civitavecchai (Rome)

Excellent cruise, great staff and yummie food

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Jazzy Mae