3. Radiance of the Seas
Just sailed Radiance of the seas Jan 8 through Jan 13 and was disappointed. The cruise started out bad because the prior sailing came down with norovirus and the CDC had to scrub the ship down so instead of boarding at 2pm we did not get on the ship until 9pm.

This was my 12th cruise and I booked 2 rooms as I brought my son (22) and his girlfriend (22) for her first cruise. My last 3 cruises were on Disney so maybe I've been spoiled a bit. Anyway, our first day was completely wasted and we didn't even get into our room til around 11pm. From this point on the entire cruise seemed like it was completely disorganized. We Didn't get navigators (schedules of daily events) until the 3rd day so we weren't able to plan for anything.

A few positives. The ship is really beautiful, the rooms were large, although the bathrooms smelled like someone had been very sick. My sons room was horrific smelling and the safe and tv did not work. They were sterilizing everything so we didn't get tv remotes til day 3, glasses to drink with til day 4 and ice was impossible to get. I could easily say this was the worst cruise I have ever been on.The staff was very nice considering that everyone on the ship was complaining.We were given a $50 credit per passenger which kinda screwed me since I was traveling alone in my cabin and I paid full price. The $50 was not enough.

Lets talk about the food. OMG! The absolute worst food I have ever eaten on a cruise ship!!!. It wasn't just us. Everybody was saying the same thing. By night 4 the premier restaurants were booked solid. We did eat at Chops on night 3 and it was very good. The late night mexican buffet was so bad I spit my food back onto the plate. Realistically, I've had much better food at Taco Bell. The main dining room was terrible as well. I love steak and I actually took 2 bites of my new york strip and just gave it back. Breakfast was tasteless and cold. The fruit was the only thing worth putting on your plate. I'm betting it wasn't norovirus and putting my money on mass food poisoning.

Cozumel was great and so was Costa Maya. I'm reading this and saying wow I sound like a real complainer, but I'm really not. I'm a glass half full kinda guy. I've just never experienced such a bad cruise experience. I love cruising!!! and I'm already planning my next cruise, It just wont be on RCCL.

Less than Radiant

nickmc100’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K
Our cabins were big for the price. the bathrooms smelled bad. Noise was minimal.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins