3. Freedom of the Seas
We sailed April 18th, 2010 right after our wedding so I'm sorry this review is several months late, I just joined C.C. What an amazing ship..My new wife and I decided on an ocean view since we did not plan on staying in our room that much on our first cruise. our room attendant knew it was our honeymoon and had arranged for champagne in our room and an invite to the "honeymooners only event" where we won a souvenir basket from RCCL.

As a former Chef, the food was fantastic, I had to try almost everything from the breakfast buffet, and order almost every plated entree at dinner. We opted for the "My Time Dining" since we were all over the place and liked the freedom of eating when we wanted to. The ice rink on the ship was awesome since I haven't ice skated in years. We went to the comedy show and had a blast, same as the ice show. The Cruise director was everywhere and fun to watch interacting with the guests.

All the ports were easy to get on and off and we were recommended by friends to use Royal Caribbean and my wife and I have to agree. It seems you don't get all the perks you use to 10-15 years ago since fuel cost and the economy hurts tourism, but I think the cruise lines try to give you the best bang for your buck...so I have to pay for somethings that use to be free, I really don't mind it's still seems like I get a lot for what I paid for. The crew and other guests on the cruise made our honeymoon one of the best trips I've been on. We were so impressed with Royal Caribbean that we booked a 5 night cruise for December 2010. YEAH

Honeymoon Cruise First Timers

420CRUISER’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin I
I'm six feet, 305 pounds built like a linebacker. We had an Oceanview cabin with a queen size bed, small loveseat and desk. I've been in smaller rooms on land so this was fine with me. The shower I could manage but a little bigger would've been nice but I survived. Overall the cabin was just fine.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    Our favorite was Cozumel, Mexico. We rented a Jeep with another couple we met on ship and traveled the whole island. We headed south along the coast and stopped at a little hut on the beach selling souvenirs, he was very nice and spoke English very well. I bought a hat made from Agave strands and he gave me a free conch shell horn. We drove to the Tequila distillery and I think $10 got us a free margarita and a tour with tequila tasting at the end...WOW some great Tequila! Drove ourselves to the Mayan ruins and we toured ruins on our own. Saw many iguanas and hardly any people. We were told most people end up seeing the ruins closer to the port and don't come to the center of the island to see the largest ruin sites. What a shame, great for us. We ended the day with a drive downtown and went to Carlos & Charlies Restaurant/bar which happens to be right next to Senor Frogs. Enjoyed the rest of the day with new friends and large margaritas. We were very happy with the choice to make this our day and wing it. Coming back here with friends from home on a December 2010 cruise to show them around. Great time in Cozumel.

View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    Grand Cayman was our third port of call. We booked an excursion to Stingray City and it was awesome. The group was met at the port which was well organised for having been tendered and three cruiseliners were there. Our shuttle bus took us to the boat. Our group was split up into two boats so we were not packed in like mules. We arrived at the sandbar pretty far out on the bay, and there we plenty of boats there already. Our Skipper backed the boat like it was nothing and snuck us in the prime spot since I looked in the water and all we could see was these big disc shaped things covering the seafloor. They gave us masks and snorkels and gathered around the guides for the safety breifing. Our guide was a lady who told us not to be afraid of the barb, that's when she took the barb and kissed it, rubbed it against her face and poked it into her cheek. She explained it would take stomping on them or punching, stabbing, or scaring the crap out of them before they would use their stinger/barb against you. That made the group more comfortable. My wife got a back massage from a stingray and even feed one that was about six feet wide. Great experience we had and the boat ride back was very calming. wish we had more time to see the rest of Grand Cayman.

View All 2,845 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    Next was Ocho Rios, Jamaica where we booked a inner tube ride down the White River which is one of the eight rivers in Jamaica. The port was easy to manage and a shuttle was waiting for us. The bus ride to the start was about 15-20 minutes and the tube ride was about 45 minutes to get down to the sea. The people were very friendly and offered Red Stripes and trinkets. The water was cool and fairly slow, there were some small rapids and a place where we stopped half way down. The place we stopped was a watering hole and had a jump off deck into the water. Kids there took pictures to sell you and print then send down to your the bus. My wife and I took one for $5. the ride ends as it passes threw the city and ends out at the beautiful beaches along the sea. We ended up at Shaw Beach a private Resort, an old plantation style resort with beautiful sand and aqua blue water. The excursion includes the use of the beach at the end of the tube ride. We ran into some people from Orlando and had a fresh cut coconut & rum drink..whoa, they don't skimp on the rum...great day, headed back to the port and did some shopping, then back to the boat to share our stories with the new friends on the ship.

View All 856 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews