CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin: Grand Suite

My wife and I are well experienced cruisers with over (30) years of cruising. For transparency, we are loyal RCL guests but have no issue sharing good and bad experiences.

Our cruise departed from Copenhagen, Denmark on Voyager of the Sea's. We flew into Copenhagen a couple of days in advance and stayed over a day in Copenhagen after the cruise ended. We really waited until the week before departure to say "lets go" due to the war in Ukraine (our itinerary had us visiting bordering Russia countries) and the travel nightmares in airports world wide. I'm glad we did not postpone - we experienced no travel delays nor luggage issues (we recommend don't delay - go) even with very short layovers of less than (1) hour in Atlanta, Amsterdam and Copenhagen - zero issues. We flew too and from with KLM - great airline.

After a lot of research (my personality trait) we selected a smaller boutique hotel named the Copenhagen Strand. The hotel is off the beaten path (not in heavily populated tourist area - just far enough away). Great hotel, great staff, very friendly and accommodating. We liked it so much we re-booked this same hotel for our "day after" the cruise stay. Nothing is far in Copenhagen, always an easy to walk to find restaurants, bars and sights to see. I certainly recommend this hotel for a stay.

Grand Suite