• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Aqua Class

But then only 600 ppeople on the ship.Check in was a bit of a hassle. Had to show documents three times to three different people.But at least we made it.we Booked Aqua Blue. Enjoyed the cabin and the new shower door compared to Princess Shower curtains.Also remodel really has made the room very nice.The sofa was a plus, especially sine Princess has removed any seating in Balcony cabins below deluxe.Also a very nice table which Princess also removed"so there would be more room"I guess you eat breakfast on the floor. ridiculous.

First the food. Blue has a limited menu but it ws generally good with the exception of the Lobster which was quite possibly the worst Lobster I have been served including 25 cruises on Princess. Over cooked and some weird sauce so I sent it back. The one they got from the main dining room was worse so I skipped it. Very disappointing .First night was an excellent Filet mignon. second night we had to send the rack of Lamb back because it was almost raw. second one was excellent. he rib Steak was fair, nothing like I imagine a rib steak.Got some Halibut which was very good.Best part of Blue is the excellent wine steward, long gone from Princess. The guy really knows wine. we got the enhanced package so we could get Grgich Chardonay for $1 over our $15 limit.They also have Grgich Cab ut it is $28 a glass. did that one night . Also the Cherry tart Pinot Noir and the Italian Primitivo were good. They have half bottles of Tattinger for $53 a bottle while the full bottle is $130.oo. They told me they have too many. Excellent champagne.The Champagne by the glass was supposed to be Mountodon but they had none so we got Piper Heidseck Monopole. Very good .We were able to get dishes from the main diding room but you cant count on this if the ship is full.

We ate twice at Le Petite Chef. Once excellent and once not so good. avoid the Mediteranian Sea Bass. Very thin and fishing and over cooked and hard to eat. The Filet and lobster ight is the one to go for.

Aqua Class