Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Cristinagsd

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

I sailed the Equinox in 2019 and my TA found an amazing deal so we decided to sail again. Embarkation was a hot mess. I never got official word but the buzz was technical issues/computer issues. Lines backed up, but luckily I had priority boarding and was able to skip some of the wait. That meant the gangways onto the ship were packed and slowly moving.

The ship felt empty at times. It would be like 5-6pm and the pool deck and some of the bars were just devoid of people. I felt like they needed more music/DJ out at the pool. I enjoyed the Cruise Connections party, although I did not get an invite in my room like I was supposed to. Luckily another CC member told me when and where. We got to meet the Captain and some officers, and that was really cool.

Our room attendant was fabulous. We had no problems with anything in our cabin. We did not eat in MDR every night. Our seats were way in the far back corner of a far back room. Our server was fine but his assistant Jose was so great. The food was good and we enjoyed the variety.

One of our excursions was canceled and they notified us and refunded us promptly.

The daily schedule in the app kept changing as we approached the cruise. At one point, Gatsby Silent Disco was removed, but many of us decided to bring our outfits anyway. And I am glad we did because it was re-added to the schedule. And that was a super fun time.

The photographers were great and I enjoyed getting some great pics with my husband. The shows in the theatre were a mixed bag, we really liked the comedian, I enjoyed the Broadway Cabaret, but the Topper show was trying hard to be Cirque and just not there. Overall, we had a nice time and will definitely sail Celebrity again as we have already booked the Edge for next year.

Cristinagsd's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A

Very clean and spacious for 2. Balcony was great size. I enjoyed this layout with the bed closer to the balcony as opposed to last year when I had the same class of cabin but the bed was in the middle next to closet and the sofa area was by the balcony.

Trolley Tour

I could go back and spend a week here, and the trolley tour was a great way to learn and see.

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews
Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

Our tour with Native Choice was fantastic. But other than the port itself, there isn't much in town to do unless you take an excursion.

View All 418 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
Catamaran tour

We really enjoyed the catamaran snorkel with lunch and open bar. Beautiful snorkeling, amazing food grilled fresh on the boat, and the staff were all fantastic.

View All 151 Catamaran tour Reviews
Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Our excursion was canceled so we just went to the beach and wandered.

Cristinagsd