3. Carnival Sunshine
We just arrived back in Charleston yesterday, the 22nd. We definitely were very excited for the trip and to some extent, it lived up to our expectations. This was my 4th or 5th cruise and the first for my fiancée. I have previously been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We had a relatively smooth check-in process. The new building that was added in May was nice, but the newly upgraded computers or software made it a headache. The scanners worked about every third time they would scan your information when taking guest pictures. We made it to our room (1547) and it was bigger than what I had remembered on previous carnival ships. There was a light sewage smell but nothing too bad. We enjoyed a great dinner and relaxed that evening, with my fiancee heading to the casino. The next morning we didn't notice the sewage smell as we had adjusted to it but when leaving and entering again it was obvious something was up. We called guest services. Once we got through they said they would send someone up. They poured some type of blue chemical in it and the smell was converted to a bleach smell, but it helped. My time line may be a little off on this stuff but it's close. Anyways, the next day, we had a great day at Nassau. We came back and needed showed. My fiancee laid her bag in the bathroom floor and hopped in. Within a few minutes she beckoned me into the bathroom where there was an inch of blue water covered her bag in the floor. We had to trash the bag and a couple clothing items as we did not know what was in the chemical mix. Housekeeping was called again and we were told they would be right up. We waited two hours for them and got fed up and called again. They apologized and had someone up within 15 more minutes. Rakesh (I believe was his name) did some work in the bathroom for about 10 minutes and just said it was fixed. Then they sent housekeeping up, after I called, and they brought towels to replace all the ones I had to use to contain the water. My fiancee and I did dinner and casino (where she spent enough to get free drinks). The next day, in Half Moon Cay, the smell returned. More chemicals were added. Guest services called and offered us a complimentary bottle of wine. My fiancee requested mascato as she can not drink red wine without migraines. They brought red wine but it was when I was the only one in the room and didn't realize. When she returned to the room I showed her and she said they were going to send Moscato. I called and explained the issue and they said they would correct. Shortly after, a bottle of Moscato was delivered in exchange for the red wine. It was actually the same type that we brought, which is $8.98 at Walmart. The girl took the other bottle and swapped with us. She then handed me a bill for $47. I told her the situation and she said OK and as I shut the door she said asked me if I wanted to sign the bill. I said no, this was supposed to be complimentary because we have had issues since day 1. I finally was able to convey the information to her and she left. The people were all very polite it just took forever to get the issue at least patched up. It never was fixed. Forgot to mention that on the day at see, I returned to the room to find the door and floor in front of it and the ceiling dripping with honey mustard (I have pictures of it running down the door sign showing our room number and dripping from door frame) I went to the guest services after waiting 20 minutes trying to get through. After about 35 minutes, housekeeping came and asked where the vomit was they needed to clean. I said there isn't any but you are standing right in the middle of the honey mustard someone spilt. Then I showed him the other places it was on wall and ceiling. He got it cleaned up and was very appreciative for the help. The only other complaint we had was that the "free" drinks while in casino were so slow to get there. I understand you can not give a bunch away but our minimum wait time was 20 minutes and one time it took 2 waiters a total of an hour and 10 minutes to get one drink, and then half was dumped on my finacees leg and not even offered to be replaced. She was handed a napkin to wife herself and the slot machine off. Ridiculous. Enough with the complaints. The ship, for what we paid, was close to what we expected. I was say 90% of the crew was always smiling and friendly. The cruise director, Christian was phenomenal. Elle was so funny and exceptionally customer service oriented. Most of the food was good. We did not do the Buffett much as it never quiet seemed fresh but the Sunrise was an excellent dinner choice. We also loved the breakfast wraps and enjoyed the pizza delivery service. Nassau and Half moon cay were but very nice with half moon being our favorite stop. We did the stingray adventure through carnival which was great and bought the pictures.... Definitely not $117 worth but we liked how they looked. You only live once. We definitely had a good time and will consider sailing with carnival again in the future, just in at least a different room. My fiancee was already sent a half price offer where she gambled heavily. Happy sailing to you all!!! Ciao.....

Almost met the expectations we had.... Almost

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Mtickle4

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

My time line may be a little off on this stuff but it's close.

Happy sailing to you all!!!

Ciao.....