3. Ruby Princess
Overall, it was a great cruise, probably one of the friendliest crew we have ever experienced. Positives: 1. Great crew. Very friendly especially at all the bars. 2. Very comfortable bed. 3. Free room service, very decent menu and you now order through the TV. Very timely service. 4. Great variety of entertainment. 5 very smooth and efficient embarkation and disembarkation. Negatives 1. This is a big one, the food was okay to terrible. In the main dining room, the food was inconsistent as was the service. Some meals were good, others not so much. The issue was the quality of the food and the inconsistency. The food at the buffet was simply terrible. No variety, very poor quality (mostly Ragus and stews = leftovers). There was literally nothing made fresh for you at the buffet no matter what time of day. We attempted twice to get an omelette on three occasions but they give you a number and promise to deliver at your table. It never made on either occasion. We spoke to people about this and it was a general comment. We enjoy getting dressed up for dinner and going to the main dining room, but most times, it was simply frustrating. We are at Share once and it was terrible. 6 courses served in 45 minutes despite our constant requests to slow things down. The main meal, pork chop for two was dry and tasteless. We also tried the Crown Grill and it was amazing. One of the nest steaks I have ever had anywhere. Highly recommend it. 2. The drink package. We purchased the drink package know king that it was limited to 15 drinks. The issue is that you can now track your drinks on the medallion app and every single day we were seeing drinks being added to our total that we did not order. At one point I was at 7 then I ordered a drink and I was told that I was past my 15 and would have to pay. Whether the drinks were added on purpose or by accident I cannot say, but it was a general issue that many were complaining about. When I went to customer service they said that they didn’t have that information (I had more info on my app than they did on their system?) and could do nothing for me. There was no mechanism for correction. This whole counting business is ridiculous. Some days you have more, some days you have less. Overall, If I had to redo the cruise, I would chose another cruise line with a similar itinerary. The food and service in the main dining room was that bad. We had taken a cruise with Princess before and the food was good, so I’m not sure if it was a Ruby or the quality of food on the entire cruise line is found down. Either way I wouldn’t take a chance with Princess again. This is the first time that I was ready to get off a cruise ship and leave when it ended

Disappointed

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Laurentian

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Positives:

1. Great crew. Very friendly especially at all the bars.

2. Very comfortable bed.

4. Great variety of entertainment.

5 very smooth and efficient embarkation and disembarkation.

Negatives

Laurentian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
No issues, decent location. Nice and quiet. Nice over sized balcony.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins