3. Crown Princess
We wanted to get out of the cold so we booked the Crown Princess to the Caribbean. Our first sign that things weren't going well was that no one could sign onto the Medallion.net to get the internet and free wi-fi that was advertised. After an hour and a half wait and one cruise member helping, we finally got it. Before I go any further, let me say this was our 24th cruise. Our room had NO ventilation. It took until the evening of the next day to get service, even though our wonderful cabin steward, Weny, called right away. Weny, by the way, was the best thing about our cruise. A second sign we were in trouble was that they very insistently wanted us to share a table. Princess offers Anytime dining, and you are not supposed to have to share tables. Well, the whole thing is a joke. We were seated at a long upholstered table and our table had about 12 inches between each of the other tables. We were "sharing" anyway... no matter what they advertise. Then, came the food! I watched as several people sent back there food. A woman sitting next to us, asked what she was served and she was told it was what she ordered. She shook her head, tasted it, and said "no it is not, take it back." This went on through the whole cruise. My husband ordered the beef wellington one night a got a piece of beef 3 x 2 inches long. They had 2 choices for desserts; beside ice cream, and a sugar free one. Everything tasted the same. If you didn't go to dinner at 5 pm and wanted to sit by yourself, you couldn't get a table. Our last night, we went down at 5:30, the receptionist at the dining room told us that "It could be half hour, whole hour, or more" with a very snide look on her face. We went somewhere else to eat. She called us at 7 pm. to say our table was ready. Nothing that Princess advertises comes to fruition. I realize that many of the cruise employees don't speak fluent English but every cruise we have been on they have at least been able to understand what we were asking. On 4 different occasions I asked specific questions about specific things going on during the cruise. Each time I got the wrong answer. How do I know, because I wound up going to Guest Services to get the "correct" answer. One morning we were taking our breakfast outside. The automatic door closed on my husband as he was walking through it causing his hot coffee and breakfast to spill all over him. A staff member yelled at him and said he had to be more careful. My husband responded with, " I thought these were automatic doors", "No, no, they are not" said the staff member. To which my husband said the same thing, and, again, they employee said "they are not automatic doors." I finally got up and pointed to what was printed on the doors, themselves which was Automatic Doors. I told him what it said and he turned and walked away. Every other night, they included a sheet in our dinner menu to get us to order something from a restaurant you had to pay for. Shore excursions....This was the most disorganized set up I have every seen. You were supposed to "show up" on the pier for your individual excursion. Except, everyone else did too. You had to walk through the crowd trying to find out where your line was. It was funny because everywhere you went; sitting areas, outside elevators...speaking of elevators, half of them didn't work. People were complaining about the same things I am writing about now. Everyone kept saying, "I'm so glad you said something because I thought it was just me." The best places to eat were the Salty Dog and the Pizza by the pool. The piazza had some nice salads and paninis but there was hardly anything between the bread. Another problem was the PA system. You could never hear what they were saying....ever! Now, for the good parts: Weny, our cabin steward was great. And we made sure he knew we appreciated him. The first night's show was fabulous. The Princess singers, dancers, and orchestra were great. They did a Motown show that was super. And my hat's off to Sergi...he was great entertainer. This was our 4th Princess cruise. Would we do it again? NEVER!

Never Again

kikiz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
The cabin was fine. The shower,however, was so small that someone weighing 200 lbs. would not have been able to get in. I'm 5'2 and 146 and I could barely turn around. My husband had the same issue. Other than that, it was what we expected for an inside cabin.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Rainforest Tour
    Lovely excursion into the 5 levels of the rainforest. But, we waited well over and hour to get on the ariel tram. Too much wasted time. People were getting frustrated but the tour was very good.
    View All 40 Rainforest Tour Reviews
  • Rainforest Aerial Tram Tour
    Very nice excursion except for the very long wait to get on the aerial tram. It was well over an hour and although there were picnic tables to sit at,people were getting very frustrated.
    View All 30 Rainforest Aerial Tram Tour Reviews